Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007 | 08:57 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Default RE: V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?

ORIGINAL: BLade1127
Little popping on decel every now and then, but every bike does that.
Not necessarily - once I had my bike dyno'd with the SERT installed, the popping stopped!

Point of clarification for my own knowledge as a buddy of mine is debating the Fuel Pack vs PC III vs SERT :

1) if you change out to non- V&H pipes down the road, will the Fuel Pack still be able to handle it? Have the right downloads (not just sorta close enough)?
2) if you get your bike dyno'd, how does the Fuel Pack handle this? Does the dyno guy just tweak the Fuel Pack some more?

Thanks.

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:05 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I'm not planning on going past stage 1 - ever and I'm so satisfied with V&H pipes I don't ever see using anything else. I may one day change from straightshots to big radius but that's it. Of course you can do more and go bigger with SERT and others but no need to spend that kind of cash and effort if you aren't going that far IMO. Fuelpak has a specific niche and it's one that I fit in so that's what I'm going for. And, I think flynavy is right there with me.

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:12 AM
jcd15
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: manofsteele2003

This is all good to hear, because I just bought one for my SB. Haven't got the exhaust or air filter yet but I couldn't pass up the deal I found on ebay. $189 shipped brand new. Now I have to find a dealon the rest of the parts.
www.easterperformace.com
I purchased the whole exhaust system from them
pipes air cleaner and computer plus new exhaust gaskets.
Suff arrived in 1 day no shipping costs.

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:21 AM
flynavy
|
Road Master

manofsteele: Check out alscycleparts on ebay. V&H SS slipons for $209...NO one beats that price!!!

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:31 AM
flynavy
|
Road Master

Brother Chip, Good Morning!!!

To answer your questions, yes the fuelpak will alow for other than V&H pipes, not certain how many others but I saw Rinehart, and a few others in their map set-ups.

The Dyno question is interesting. There are up to 23 different mode settings on the maps, each has it's own purpose, though I don't know if a dyno tech could run a test, then adjust anything that would make any difference. The fuelpak is just that - fuel management only and does no timing adjustments. For the amount of increased airflow in/out that a stage I delivers, timing adjustments should not be necessary in the least.

V&H states that all the maps were set-up and programmed in during dyno testing. It's likely as close to a pre-set dyno as you can get without the big cash.

Like fxdc says, the fuelpak is a niche item and is perfect for what he and I are seeking. If I ever even have a passing notion to mod my engine, I'll be getting a whole new one with a new bike to go around it! So this is it for meon the Bob.

Old 11-15-2007 | 11:55 AM
manofsteele2003
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jcd15

www.easterperformace.com
I purchased the whole exhaust system from them
pipes air cleaner and computer plus new exhaust gaskets.
Suff arrived in 1 day no shipping costs.
Thanks for the inifo. I looked them up a little while ago and they seem to have the best prices and free shipping. I plan on ordering from them but probably not till after the holidays. Plus they are about an hour from my house, so if I feel like picking up the stuff I can.

Old 11-15-2007 | 01:24 PM
phog light
Cruiser

flynavy do you have a link to alscycleparts,i cant find it on e bay stores
cheers
mick

Old 11-15-2007 | 01:30 PM
flynavy
|
Road Master

Here is the link to his on-line store...
http://www.alscycleparts.com/

and his ebay listings:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZalscycleparts

He ALWAYS ships same day or if late in the day, the very next morning and you immediatekly get the Quantum View notice from UPS to track. His prices seem to be lowest on most stuff like pipes and such...and I've looked around quite a bit...mention my ebay id: "timnoyes03" and maybe he'll offer a discount...and me a little something too!! I bought two things from him on ebay this week.

Old 11-15-2007 | 02:05 PM
navyman
Road Master

I just came back after a 15 mile test ride after installation. Bike runs very well. It appears a tiny bit louder. One other very noticable difference is when you close the throttle. You immediately begin decelerating. Not like with the just the ecm installed. My set up is Screaming Eagle air cleaner, stock ecm, and stock pipes. It was definitely a challenge getting everything stowed under the seat. Everything else was very easy. I am a happy man. I may add pipes next summer, but for now all is well. I am interested in seeing if my fuel mileage changes much.

Old 11-15-2007 | 03:12 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I'm sure the V&H video makes it look easier to install than it is. And that guy is wearing gloves. If it's like most other bolt on things, it would always be easier the 2nd time around. But usually there is no 2nd time for us working on our own bike.

Quick Reply: V&H Fuelpak on a 2007 Street Bob - Issues?