Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPINIONS: which 2 into 1 exhaust is better

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
GlassBikerNC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: OPINIONS: which 2 into 1 exhaust is better

I'm kind of partial to the Santee Lake Pipes but they are more for looks than for performance. They have no baffles and are welded together so it would be hard to put baffles in. They're loud but not deafening, nice low growl.

My second choice was going to be the rb-racing l.s.r.'s

Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

ive heard good things about d&d's

Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about Cobra 2-1, any 1 tried these??? I hared good stuff about them.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Beman
Advanced

If you are interested in pure preformance do your self a favor and check out a web site. Go to the R and B racing web sitethey make an pipe called the LSR 2-1. It has been mentioned a coupple times on this thread. Take it from an ex-harley tech and if you dont belive me go read there page and you will see. By that I mean they build bikes to race on the salt flats and they understand fuel, exhaust, and engine systems and how they work together. If you dontlike the way it looks that is one thing but for preformance it is the real deal I have one on my 07 street bob.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
BerksBOB
Advanced

I've got the same pipes as Special Ed.....Thunderheader the only way to go, sound great and look bad ***!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant beat them for wide open throttle... I find them hard to tune for average rideing conditions, great quality, buta long wait for them .....
ORIGINAL: Beman

If you are interested in pure preformance do your self a favor and check out a web site. Go to the R and B racing web sitethey make an pipe called the LSR 2-1. It has been mentioned a coupple times on this thread. Take it from an ex-harley tech and if you dont belive me go read there page and you will see. By that I mean they build bikes to race on the salt flats and they understand fuel, exhaust, and engine systems and how they work together. If you dontlike the way it looks that is one thing but for preformance it is the real deal I have one on my 07 street bob.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
caveman76
Intermediate

i just found out about rb racing from a friend of a friend who has a speed shop for bikes. he says he knows that the rb pipe is superior. check thier site. I am buying one this winter no doubt. the guys who desighn the pipes are salt flats record holders.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Beman
Advanced

Trotter you are right they are a little tought to tune for the thunderheader is easier but it can still be done. The race tuner is what seems to give the most flexability and best results but that is a tuner discussion and we could talk all day about feedback loops at given altitudes and results. You all so pointes out the worst part about the LSR 2-1 and that is the wait. I think that it took me 12 weeks to get mine but is worth the weight.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

I have reinharts, not the loudest pipes on the block, , but they perform really well, and very happy...!!!! I know all thepipes mentionedsound louder at different rpms, how they are at idle, hitting the trottle, cruising etc. Thats what makes the world go round.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you work with a few it comes easier as you learnyour base... I still got smoother and more consistiant throttle responce out of the Reinhart for average rideing,although the thunder header produced better numbers and awsum low and mid torque....

Quick Reply: OPINIONS: which 2 into 1 exhaust is better