Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

breather bolt hose relocation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007 | 06:51 PM
dyna_man05
|
Intermediate
Default breather bolt hose relocation?

Well, some of you know that I have some problems with my bike recently. Which by the way I think it was the exhuast was loose at the head. I'll post that with the original post of the problem. But in searching for that problem I had noticed oil on the breather bolts and banjos. Now I know there will be some oil coming from the heads through the breather bolts. But when removing the back plate, a S&S shorty E, it for one, seemed like alot of oil, and two found a yellowish gunk on the bottom of the filter, between it and the back plate? WTH is that?
As for the oil blow by, I found an article on this site about the sportys having that problem, the wife has a sporty and that problem. The threadunder one of the reply's had a link showing a simple to bolt on horse shoe looking piece that has a nipple on the one end that you run a hose to and direct it either to a filter, or under the bike, obviously away from the tire. But my dyna has just under 7k on it and the s&s has only been on it for about 2-3k. So what gives, and if this is normal, what are the thoughts on re-routing?

Old 11-08-2007 | 07:01 PM
Black Bob
Cruiser
Default RE: breather bolt hose relocation?

From my experience and what I've read, it's normal. You'll only get alot (as in puddling below bike) through sumping with an overfilled case. The yellow globs are from where the oil has been contaminatedfrom exposure tomoisture (washing, rain, humidity etc.). The small passages tend to get clogged so the vapour cannot get drawn back through the a/c. Occasionally clean the small orifices, passages.

Old 11-08-2007 | 07:05 PM
dyna_man05
|
Intermediate
Default RE: breather bolt hose relocation?

Makes sense. Thanks.