Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
44.44%
No
25.93%
What's an FXR?
29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Should Harley Davidson reintroduce the FXR?

Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 AM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you think?

Not sure so school me, but isntthe Dyna Superglide sport similar? Again, I dont know, so dont flame me!

Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Lurch11712
Intermediate

When talking to my mechanic who was putting a wide glide front end on a newly painted FXR last fall, he said that the FXR was just the predecessor to the FXD line of bikes. If you are basically getting the same thing why do we need another model. Just customize your bike until it is the way you want it and I am sure with all the aftermarket parts out there you can get it pretty close to an FXR.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:08 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

Dang Im the ninth person to vote and it's dead even 3 for 3 against and 3 have no clue.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

The FXR was one of the best handling and riding bikes that HD ever made. They were, however, pricy to make because of the frame design, and that was part of the reason they were discontinued. They also do not have the classic good looks that the Dynas have. I'm guessing they would be even more pricy to build if the design had to be changed to accept the twin cam engine.

I don't look for a rebirth anytime soon.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master

ORIGINAL: billnourse

The FXR was one of the best handling and riding bikes that HD ever made. They were, however, pricy to make because of the frame design, and that was part of the reason they were discontinued.
I'll agree with you there.

They also do not have the classic good looks that the Dynas have.
I'm gonna have to disagree with Bill on this one. I love the looks on my FXRS. I wish I would have bought one 18 years ago, when a friend of mine was selling his FXRS Convertable. That doesn't mean I don't like the Dynas. If I were buying a new bike, that's what I would go with.

Monty

Old 12-21-2005, 01:21 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Monty,

I wasn't implying that the FXR doesn't look good. It just has a more modern look that the Dyna does. The Dyna looks more like some of the older bikes.

My son had a 1992 FXR Convertible, and it was a great bike. He sold it when the Granddaughter came along. I think he still regrets getting rid of it.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-21-2005, 01:56 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i really dont think so the Fxr is not that much differnt than the dynas and they handel great a few more pounds than the sportys and they look great so i dont think harley is going to spend the money to build a bike when they have the dynas besides the dynas are old school with a modern twist and style is much as we try not to like the fact everthing moves ahead other wise the panhead would still be around .[sm=biker.gif]P.S. i think Harley has done a great job of keeping the old look as much as they can. but i do know what you are saying.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had two different people over the past 3 years (brother and sales manager at my dealer) tell me that the FXR's were the best bikes they ever drove. My brother has had over a dozen bikes (some metric) and the sales manager has lost count.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The general consensus from those who know is that the FXR's were the best handling bikes made by Harley. I had the priviledge of riding a buddies for about a month and that thing was bad ***. From what I understand, the frames were much more rigid.

Quick Reply: What do you think?