Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kury Flame Switchblade Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kury Flame Switchblade Pegs

Bought a set of these pegs. They're beefy, appear well made, easy to install and adjust. I like the way they look too.

That's the good news. After 800 miles, the foot rest portion separated from the rest of the pef and was just hanging down towards the road as I rode. I zip-tied it in place for the rest of the ride home from Galveston. Closer examination revealed a resessed allen head set screw that loosened and bailed on me. The other side was very loose also. I applied aircraft grade Loc-Tite on it, re-tightened it, and then called Kuryakyn. The support tech knew what I was talking about before I finished my sentence and sent out a new pair of screws. I had heard of issues with the Kury pegs. I'm just glad they took care of me without hassle.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Critter174
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kury Flame Switchblade Pegs

i have the regular switchblade and have to tighten them up every once in a while i can tell how loose they are by how easy they are to open when they get to where they start to almost fall open i know it's time to tighten them the rubber on mine covers about a 1/4 of the hole so i never have had the screw fall all the way out. you could always try the red loctite i have been using the blue think i may try the red next time i have to tighten them back up.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
helix60
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same pegs, and had the same problem. Didn't know Kury would send out new screws, but I replaced them myself with Blue loc-tite. I find them quite comfortable on long rides using the heal rest.

Regards,
Heli

Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got Kury ISO lookalike pegs with stirrups, not blades and have a problem with, not only the stirrup, but the pegs themselves loosening up on me over time. I've used loctite and cranked like hell on it to tighten everything and it still happens. I think it's just nature of the beast with pegs like that with the vibrations of the bike, the wear and tear of the road, and the pressure and movement of your feet over time. I've learned to do a walkaround every now and then and just check the tightness of exposed bolts with my hands. Not before every ride but once in a while at least.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Glad to know I'm not alone, but I wonder why my HD pegs never loosened.

It took me a few rides to adjust the stirrups to a comfortable deployed position. I really like the feel on long rides.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

Glad to know I'm not alone, but I wonder why my HD pegs never loosened.

It took me a few rides to adjust the stirrups to a comfortable deployed position. I really like the feel on long rides.
HD pegs? you mean stock pegs? There's not really anything that can get loose on the stock pegs. If you can find and afford solid billet pegs to suit you, then you might not have to worry because they don't attach and adjust with bolts the way others do. But then you'd lose your stirrups/blades and adjustability.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

Don't know about the pegs you have, but I got the Swing Wing pegs by Kury.

The directions and installaton instructions were explicit about making sure the bolts were tight, and that they could loosen and harm or kill me.
Kury also made sure, in their directions that it was my responsibility to check these from time to time.

They are just another thing to check now. The harley pegs just sat there and never needed any special attention.
I do like being able to adjust and change the angle of the footrest, but it is a little scarey to know these things could possibly loosen up on a long ride and cause problems for me

DougJ