Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Classic Motors - Misjudged

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default American Classic Motors - Misjudged

I just received a personal phone call from American Classic Motors. The representative, let's call him "Joe" was very courteous, professional, and understanding.

I will be the first person to ever admit when something that was wrong, has at least been attempted to be made right - this is one of those times.

He admitted that while the e:mail exchanges were not ideal, and never really addressed the core issue I was being aggravated with, the bottom line was that the core of this issue's fault lies with Ebay and Paypal. Both companies (IMHO) have become too large to address small customer service issues as they used to when I first became a member years ago.

I believe still more could have or should have been done to make this right on ACM's part, but at least in the end my own tenacity saw to it that ebay made things right for me, and the fact that ACM took the time to call, explain, apologize, and commit to doing better, speaks volumes for any business trying to please the customer.

If you notice most of the time when you search for a part on Ebay that ACM comes up usually with the lowest prices, then at least they are trying to give all of us more bang for our buck. So long as you make payment for anything outside of Paypal, I do not believe your experience will be anything but positive.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: American Classic Motors - Misjudged

Well, I'm glad you're OK with them. I guess my case was a bit different, it was them,ACM, that intentionaly sold the wrong part under the guise of "one size fit's all". As for who gave me the unpaid strike, I would imagine that it was on behalf of ACM. How'd the company(ACM) can charge me, then refund me, then say I never paid for the part in the first place, speaks volumes to me. As soon as I sent ebay the copy of the refund email from paypal, (the complete header with all the code gobledy-gook), I had the strike removed. ACM is still on my shitlist. Just out of curiousity, did he offer you any kind of a perk for your trouble? I did not get anything but greif till the end.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM
flynavy
Road Master

Oh yeah, HEY ACM: You never did leave any feedback for me. Maybe a little positive feedback to my ebay profile would be good karma....

Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad to see they took some positive action regarding your issue. I have never used Paypal on purchases from them. Have always called them on the phone and gave them my credit card information. Perhaps that's why I've never had a problem.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you got your issue resolved with them, but you are very far from the only one with problems with them. I'll pass.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ACM has got some nice products but you have got to ask questions before buying. I have noticed some of their descriptions can be a littledecieving. I got burned once simply because I did not know enough to ask the right questions. Live and learn.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM
silverbullet2005
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had problems when buying fromACM off ebay. they listed their products as in stock items but after two weeks of not getting the item I contacted them and they said the part was on order. TOTAL BULL SH*T on their part. The least they could have done for me would of been to refund the shipping I paid. If I would have know the part wasn't on the way I would have cancelled the order and got the part somewhere else. I'm getting worked up again just thinking about it.

I will never buy anything from American Classic Motors ever again and would not recommend them either!!!

However I wouldrecommend Eastern Performance if you want a hassle free buying experience and good prices along with super fast shipping but that's just my 2 cents. I have had nothing but good experiences with Eastern Performance plus they are a site sponsor.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: silverbullet2005
However I wouldrecommend Eastern Performance if you want a hassle free buying experience and good prices along with super fast shipping but that's just my 2 cents. I have had nothing but good experiences with Eastern Performance plus they are a site sponsor.
ditto

Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 PM
PlanB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACM does have decent prices andtheir numbers show they deal a lot of volume...when the purchasesgo smooth, all was well...where I did have a problem with ACM was when a sale had problems and a buyer left a neutral or negative feedback on the transaction, ACM would get quite viscious on their feedback to the buyer as retaliation for the neutral or negative feedback...I hope ACM has mellowed on their bitter feedback to buyers this year, because their 2005 and 2006 feedbacks were pretty outrageous! Here's a sample of a few of them:

DUMBEST MORON ON THE PLANT! CAN'T READ NEED TO BUY SOME BARNEY VIDEOS & LEARN
SLANDEROUS DEADBEAT SCAMMER
ABSOLUTE LOSER WANNABE BIKER!!!!!
SHARP AS A BOWLING BALL
ABSOLUTE BRAIN DEAD MORON
SEE A THERAPIST!!!!
CANADIAN SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!
FAILED PRE-SCHOOL BECAUSE HE COULD NOT STACK HIS BLOCKS!
ABSOLUTE MORON IDIOT!
CANADIAN COMPLAINER!!
HAS SEPERATION ANXIETY FROM BEING BREAST FED UNTIL THE AGE 0F 18
ABSOLUTE MORON R.U.B
ARROGANT CANADIAN
I SENT THIS MENTAL MIDGET THE EXACT HEADLIGHT PICTURED 2 TIMES
WANNABE BIKER IN TRAINING
BARELY SPEAKS ENGLISH
ABOUT AS BRIGHT AS A BAT CAVE
UNABLE TO DO SIMPLE MATH
TERRORISTIC ABUSIVE STALKER. INSANE LUNATIC THAT CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
TERRIBLE EBAYER. SLANDEROUS SCAMMER! DO NOT SHIP TO THIS CANADIAN!
YOU ARE RUDE & IGNORANT
DUMBEST MORON ON THE PLANT!
ABSOLUTE HILLBILLY IDIOT
CRY BABY JERK OFF
TYPICAL STUPID ROKKIE EBAYER
DUMB *** FRENCH IDIOT CAN'T SPEAK OR READ ENGLISH. RENAULT DRIVING LOSER

Well, I found this link below and it appears ACM is trying to restrain from being so viscious this year:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs...by&Many=ON

Like I said, they do volumes of sales per month and most of the transactions go without a hitch...but when you get a glitch in a sale, Business 101 will recommend to a business owner to handle a problem sale as diplomatically and constructively as possible...I realize the old adage that "The Customer is Always Right" is pretty much a thing of the past, but hopefully "The Golden Rule" is still alive!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

Picked up a set of pipes there with my buddy. One of the guys there was on and off the phone with an attitude. Definately has an attitude problem. Looking at some of those feedbacks, I can see when they come from. The dude has issues. Buy from Eastern Performance.

Quick Reply: American Classic Motors - Misjudged