Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Bag Installation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Luggage Bag Installation Questions

I installed the rear turn signal relocation kit today in preparation of putting on luggage bags. I am considering one of these

or detachables

How are these attached? Do I need a lift (to relieve tension on the shocks) or anything?

Also confused about additional hw needed to mount them. Anyone have install pics or words of wisdom?

B

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
pwer pla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Luggage Bag Installation Questions

Check out Boss bags, buddy have them and they are awesome bags. I aspire to get a set this winter

http://www.bossbags.com/

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Azrael
Cruiser

I looked at Harley bags too, but for the money there are much better products. Take a look at boss bags or iron bags.

boss bags for dyna http://www.bossbags.com/dyna.html

Iron bags http://www.ironbags.com/

Boss bags are removable and highly rated both on this forum and other guys I have talked to. They have pictures of guys standing on them.

Iron bags are not quick detachable and not wrapped plastic. They have a fiberglass back for strength but the rest is just thick *** leather. The leather is so damn thick I am amazed they were able to kill the cow. Additionally Max does the quick release (highly recommended) and can add cargo straps. These things are also massive. I have had comments like "how many rice rockets can fit in one of those".

Hereis a pic of the iron bags on my 06 low ride. I can try and get a better one in the light if you need it just let me know.

edit: Just thought I would add what I carry around in just one of these bags:

Chaps, full HD rain suit, hoody, cold weather gear including gloves, face masks, and socks, windshield cleaner, towel, lint free cloth, spare glasses in case, and a small tool kit. In the other bag I carry my dell D830 laptop, gym clothes, shoes, towel, and have plenty of room left over for my jacket when it gets hot.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17345/6F2789F14AB446B1B9D325E7B0BF6D3E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

The Boss website says:
ALL OTHER DYNA MODELS
For Low riders and Superglide models use the lay down license plate with signals, Boss Bags Part #LPS
I dont have the laydown plate. Also, a lift is required to install them.
I know about Boss, I have one of their bags.
The installation instructions make it sound difficult to adjust the shocks after installation.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:08 AM
rob_will
Tourer

I did mine for half the price....saddleman drifter slants and easy brackets...but that is my .02

Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Azrael
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

The Boss website says:
ALL OTHER DYNA MODELS
For Low riders and Superglide models use the lay down license plate with signals, Boss Bags Part #LPS
The installation instructions make it sound difficult to adjust the shocks after installation.
You will have to relocated the turn signals for almost any bag, get the HD laydown license plate with turn signal relocation and be done with it for about 65 bucks.

You will need a lift for the boss bags since you have to put asmallroller on the lower shock mount. From what I can tell there is no way aroundthis.Iron bags has a different way of support the bags so you don't need a liftto install them.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ChrisWillis

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

The Boss website says:
ALL OTHER DYNA MODELS
You will have to relocated the turn signals for almost any bag, get the HD laydown license plate with turn signal relocation and be done with it for about 65 bucks.

You will need a lift for the boss bags since you have to put asmallroller on the lower shock mount. From what I can tell there is no way aroundthis.Iron bags has a different way of support the bags so you don't need a liftto install them.
Read my post, I already installed the relocation kit, not with the laydown plate. Wondering why the Boss Bags cant be installed with that normal kit.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Azrael
Cruiser

sorry...misread what you had. As long as your turn signals are off of the side of rear fender you should be fine with any bags that your choose. I think boss bags recommend that kit because they sell one and most everyone who relocates goes ahead with the lay down plate as well. You can always call boss bags, I have heard great things about thier customer service and I am sure they will tell you thier bags will work with what you have.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ChrisWillis

sorry...misread what you had. As long as your turn signals are off of the side of rear fender you should be fine with any bags that your choose. I think boss bags recommend that kit because they sell one and most everyone who relocates goes ahead with the lay down plate as well. You can always call boss bags, I have heard great things about thier customer service and I am sure they will tell you thier bags will work with what you have.
I am familiar with Boss, I have one of their bags installed already;
http://ae1m.com/albums/HarleyNov07/

Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Azrael
Cruiser

I checked out your pictures, nice looking bike. One question I do have is what did you replace the bolts that held in the rear turn signals with? In the pictures it looks like there is no bolt securingtherear of thefender to the frame rails.

And yes, with thatrelocation kit you can use boss bags, the location of the turn signals isfine.

Quick Reply: Luggage Bag Installation Questions