Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Classic Motors: BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default American Classic Motors: BEWARE

Bought a Kury laydown plate holder a month ago on ebay and paid for it via paypal. I get about one e:mail per week from amc claiming payment has not been made. When I reply, all they say is the reminders go out automatically - not their fault or problem. Nothing acknowledging that payment has been received. I think it's a blatant scam to get more than one payment.

Anyway, 4 weeks go by of me telling them I paid, same bs reply back. Now they have opened a claim dispute with ebay against me. Thisis the last straw - do not buy anything off ebay or on-line from this company. They are either too disorganized, too illeagl, or both to service any upstanding HD brother or sister.

I even have the paypal proof. I sent it to ebay and filed a counter-claim.

Can't even leave feedback now since theyopened the claim...

Just beware of American Classic Motors.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:38 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: American Classic Motors: BEWARE

I went thru the very same BS when I thought I was getting a good deal on Progressive 412 shocks from American Classic Motors. Long story short, they sent me Sporty shocks, sayoing that they weree "all the same cause the Drag Specialties Catalog only list one part number". Well, appaerntly has no idea what spring rates and gravity have to do with shocks. Freakin' Idiots!!! So, after much bitching, I finally got a refund for everything but shipping. I made them not charge me any 'restock fee'. Then, after I was refunded the money, via paypal, American Classic started the same sh*t with me, filing an unpaid item claim. Then of course it went to a 'unpaid item strike'. After sending ebay the copy of my REFUND from ACM they finally(and I mean finally) got the strike removed. I bought the shocks in August, IIRC. And I just got the strike remeove a week ago. The idiots at eBay don't have a clue when you try to explain anything mechanical to them. I sent them the e-mails from a tech at Progressive showing the model ACM was selling as fitting everything from Sporty's to dressers was not correct. Ebay didn't give a crap. I made sure I stung them as bad as I could with my feedback. And I tell everybody I know or talk to that ACM is a con artist. Buyer Beware. And eBay makes you jump thru so many hoops to solve a seemingly easy problem, I'm very cautious when buying ANYTHING on eBay. They're mmore worried about keeping their big sellers happy than us little guys. I've had less than 100 eBay transactions since joining many years ago. Niether company can even spell customer service, let alone practice it!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 AM
flynavy
Road Master

Well, if we can get the word out this way, maybe our hassles will save someone else the headache...Thanks for posting

Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flynavy

Well, if we can get the word out this way, maybe our hassles will save someone else the headache...Thanks for posting

Well, I've made a couiple posts here about them(should be able to search them out), and I'm doing all I can to spread the word. Sounds like you're doing the same.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:50 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear of your guy's problems. I bought a bunch of stuff from them before I heard about all of this a while back from another guy on here. I was lucky......I got everything I ordered. Out of respect for you guys, I will take my business elsewhere.

~Joe

Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen way too many of these posts over the last few months about ACM to even go near them.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems to be feast or famine with ACM. I've bought a few things from them on ebay, then followed the purchase up with a phone call and gave them my credit card # on the phone. Never a hassle and got a confirmation number. You shouldn't have any problem with your paypal confirmations. Too bad they seem todeal outso much trouble.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 PM
flynavy
Road Master

So within minutes of getting my 5th unpaid item reminder, I was notified that I now have a "strike." Gee, thanks for reading your e:mails ebay...

Oh yeah all, and here is the reply I got from our greaat friends at ACM:

"This email needs to be sent to ebay, not to us. We have had numerous customers have the same problem as their software is not linking your paypal. We've explained this numerous times. I have kept this email and will advise ebay and our attorney of your continuos harrassment. Please do not contact us any further."[/align][/align]They have some big brass cahones....[/align][/align][/align]

Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 PM
flynavy
Road Master

I am going to post to this thread every single day to keep it on the front page for all to see.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM
mdog2222
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: American Classic Motors: BEWARE