Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Once Winterized should you start periodically?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:26 AM
rayfromnh
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Once Winterized should you start periodically?

I was going to start mine, also in cold storage, every few weeks, but I asked the dealer and they said that does more harm than good.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this stuff is great, it mixes with the gas, stable floats on top of gas per tests i have read. been using seafoam for many years. not just in the winter . napa and other stores has it.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voyager1

this stuff is great, it mixes with the gas, stable floats on top of gas per tests i have read. been using seafoam for many years. not just in the winter . napa and other stores has it.
Steve, are you saying it is good to add from time to time during active riding season??

DougJ

Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Bear64
Banned

yes, its OK to add a little during the summer once in awhile, no harm there, thats what I do, when I think of it, LOL as for starting a bike after shut down for winter, no...not unless your going to take it for a long ride, 25-50 miles other wise the condensation will not burn out..never start mine in the garage as it just will not heat up right, or good enough..lot of us up here in the cold do it that way, arguments are pro and con..run battery tender for 2 weeks on one bike, switch over to the other bike for 2 weeks keep that cycle up all winter..thats it, of course don;t forget the sea foam put it in run the bike until it gets all through the fuel system..if it makes you feel better you can jack up the bike, again I do not do that, used to we did because of the poor tires in the past, with new tires it is not necessary, won't hurt your bikes suspension to sit there for 2-4 months, remember sometimes they sit that long at the dealers before they are sold.. did I forget anything guys?? ya might want to plug your mufflers with rags if you have mice in your garage, cool place for them to build a nest, LOL don't ask how I know that.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
reh13
Road Master

I use seafoam in my bikes, and have been for so long I can't remember. I also use it in my boats and trucks. Seafoam is a gas treatment, as well as a fuel stabilizer. I use it for both applications.I've never had any gas varnish on me, when seafoam was used. About sept or oct, I'll start adding an ounce to each gallon of gas when I fuel up, and when I think one of my bikes (I've got five), might not be ridden for a while, I use 2 oz per gallon. I add a can (16 oz)each time I fuel one of my boats, and at the end of the season, I make sure I have 2 oz per gallon in allmy boats, as well as my bikes. I also have battery tenders on all my bikes and boats. I also use the stuff in my lawn mower and weed eater.I'll dump a can in each of my trucks when I think about it, usually every month or two. Damn stuff's that best thing since marvel mystery oil.