Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
larazauk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!

ORIGINAL: firefighter3666

Ok, I'm sure I'm going to be the minority here but I actually like the stock location of the front turn signals. With the mini apes on my Street Bob, they have a distinctive look to them, and my riding buddies have confirmed that they can pick me out of a group of bikes at night because of the stock setup. Am I alone here in liking the stock setup?
YEP!!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:18 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I'm sure I'm going to be the minority here but I actually like the stock location of the front turn signals. With the mini apes on my Street Bob, they have a distinctive look to them, and my riding buddies have confirmed that they can pick me out of a group of bikes at night because of the stock setup. Am I alone here in liking the stock setup?
To each his own. But being able to pick you out at night is not necessarily a compliment. It's not a knock either - it's just a fact I would think.

Stockers look fine on stock bars because they were designed that way. But they didn't look good dangling from a set of T-bars. They don't look bad on the fat bob or SE dyna but, if you notice, they use a much nicer setup with shorter stems on those bikes.

With all that said, when you put identical bikes (dyna's at least) side by side, one with stock turn signal location and one with fork relocation, I like the fork relocation better. Just my vote...

Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 AM
MrHd1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Yup...I save everything bro! Never know when I'll need the info for those bolts again...oh, wait a minute...like now?I actually took those HD turn signal relocation arms & threw 'em away...not even gonna spend 1 red cent trying to sell them on Ebay!Hated those f'in things with a passion!"

I've used the HD item in the past. What problem did you have?? THere of course is no issue with clearing windshield brackets, etc. so what is the big problem with the HD kit??

Old 11-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

I've used the HD item in the past. What problem did you have?? THere of course is no issue with clearing windshield brackets, etc. so what is the big problem with the HD kit??
I, personally thought that they were BUTT FK'IN UGLY & make a Harley look like a Jap bike. In my opinion, they stick out too wide & make the front of the bike look ridiculous. But like these guys have said, to each's own.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

OK, size of the bolts are buttonhead 5/16 24 x 1 3/4. Jam nuts I used are 1/4 x 28. I bought mine in chrome at allensfasteners.com

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
sintax
Tourer

I saw the swing away license plate frame on the Nightser. I think it would like nice on your bike or on a Bob.
Looking at the photos of it on the H-D site, it looks like it actually may "swing away" and fold flat against the bike?
I can think of many a good use for that feature.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: MrHd1

Ditto what FXDCRider said. Had no problem with them other than the dumbass service tech didn't run the wires through them like they are designed (that actually worked out to my favor because the clamp conversion was easier to install). Only other issue was that they look awful - I'm sure it depends on the bike. Everytime I looked down I felt like I was sitting on top of an Apache Helicopter looking down at my machine guns or rocket launchers. Stood out like a sore thumb. If they'd engineer that kit to attach exactly the same way but make it shorter, it would be great. I was told they designed it the way it is in order to not get the signal lights too close to the headlight so the signals wouldn't potentially get drowned out by the bright headlight at night and not be seen. Poppycock! The signals show up just fine they way I have them now.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Poppycock!
Poppycock???[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Elginator
Road Captain

You are not alone. I like the look, and I think they do a better job of being seen when I signal. And I like the look.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Elginator
Road Captain

And I don't have the money to change them.

Quick Reply: Finally got ride of those f'ugly "wings"!