Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Relocation(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 02:52 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Default RE: Turn Signal Relocation(Pics)

Where did you get the through bolt? Good looking relocation - simple, clean.

Old 11-01-2007 | 02:55 AM
lone rider
|
Tourer

Don't know what ya mean?

Old 11-01-2007 | 03:56 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member

Describe the bolt that holds the lamp on. How is it connected to the larger bolt that holds the rear detachable grommet to the fender rail? The picture leads me to believe it is one bolt that does both, from the fender through the grommet into the lamphousing. Just wonder how you did this.

Old 11-01-2007 | 04:00 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member

What is the round reddish piece near the bike's front caliber? Is it a tag/license mount?

Old 11-01-2007 | 06:29 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with rigid mount so i did not have to relocate after seeing yours I may have done it thanks for pics

Old 11-01-2007 | 03:43 PM
lone rider
|
Tourer

That would be the UK road tax disc, 'orrible isn't it, i have a custom chromeholder that i'm gonna attatch to the hole on the frame above the voltage regulator.

I'm afraid i can help with the details of the fitting of the part i didn't do it , she's still under warranty and my dealer is very reasonable so i don't tinker with electrics, i did have a look at the kit it does come in several pieces.

Old 11-01-2007 | 10:38 PM
coop creek
Road Captain

OneBlackFly, yes, there is one long hollow bolt that goes through the fender, then through the rear docking grommet, then into the lamp. The wires run through the legnth of the bolt. I had the dealer install the same set up (its for a detachable sissybar, not for saddlebags,etc) but got a look at the hardware. The docking kit is part number 53961-05. Then you have to get another box of parts 53968-06A, "turn signal relocation kit"which has the special bolt and several other parts to finish the jobas in the picture above. If you want to put the turn signals on the license plate instead, there is a different "relocation kit" for that.

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:42 PM
bolverk
Cruiser

That looks like my setup as well...bike came with a chrome rear fender rack...sold the rack...now the whole thing rattles something terrible whenever I downshift or slow down...

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:58 AM
lone rider
|
Tourer

I saw a post recently that discussed just how much they rattled, there was alot of members experience this problem, but mine is snug as a bug, although i'm sure i wouldn't be able to here over the sound of the exhaust.

Old 11-02-2007 | 03:25 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member

Thanks for the information on the parts. I'll have to look at them to see how they'd work for me.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Relocation(Pics)