Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed from Sportster to Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 AM
erictolsma
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed from Sportster to Street Bob

Some time ago I asked if trading in my Sportster 883C for a Street Bob or Fat Bob made sense and which one you would choose. Well, I made the decision this morning: It's going to be a 2006 Street Bob with 5000 miles on the clock!

My dealer in Holland just had traded one in with all the options I want: Denim Black, Detachable Sissy, Detachable screen, Detachable bags and most importantly, forward controls and screaming eagle pipes!

Bad luck had it that my belt had just broken on my Sportster, but the dealer came to collect it at home, and I only have to pay the parts because of the exchange.

I'll get it on November 17th.

Thanks for all your advise on my previous post. It sure helped a lot in deciding!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Changed from Sportster to Street Bob

Eric, Congratulations on your new Dyna. You'll love the difference. I went from a '99 1200C to an 08 Super Glide Custom and couldn't believe the difference. It was a major improvement in every aspect, ride, handling, power are all significantly better.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Ultra_Bob
Tourer

[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Congratulations on your new Dyna

Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

I too am looking at getting on a Dyna, most likely sometime around Bike Week '08.

I've ridden smaller "Sporty Type" Bikes my whole life, but am really wanting to go bigger.

Would you guys say the handling on the Dyna is a lot better? The Sporty is a bit top heavy, and I hear the Dyna is a lot lighter in that area.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
dynadiver
Cruiser

Don't get it wrong here. The Dyna line is alot heavier bike in ALL areas than a sportster. Differences being that it has a good power to weight ratio, is a longer bike while not being taller, and is a little better balanced. All bikes are "top heavy". Part of being on two wheels. My personal experience is that the DYNA line doesnt handle "better" than a sporty, it just handles better than most other big twin bikes. The sportsters are a smaller bike and it would be hard for a larger one to handle better than them. Personal preference really I think. I like my FXD's feel better than a sportster. But then again, I am a big boy and need a bigger bike.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

Well, in reference to "heavy" I meant top heavy, as in the bike likes to lean side to side easier.

(Which is why I always figured Sporty's were more nimble/agile.)

I like the big twins, I like ther power, especially the newer 96.

I am, planning on some two-upping though, so I may just go ahead and get the Street Bob, but man, that Nightser just looks sick!

Man what it would be like to be rich, haha.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
dynadiver
Cruiser

If you like the looks of the nightster, then buy a black denim Street Bob and set it up from there to get the exact look you want. I have a friend who owns a nightster, has had it for about 6 months now and is planning to give it to his wife and guy himself something bigger. If you want a big bike, dont buy a smaller one. You WILL REGRET IT! .

I agree with you on the "rich" stuff though. I wish I could have several different bikes. One for around town little jaunts(my FXD)
One for touring(a big fat electra-glide)
A V-rod for the days I want to hot rod.
And a really nasty, old school chopper(just so I can look cool??)

Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

Well, I do want the bigger bike, but me, I just love the look of older sporty styled bobbers, and would love to see one with black z bars and a black thunder header, or even these new V&H black shorties.

I'm still leaning toward the Denim SB though... I just hate how H-D upcharges for color, I mean, come on!

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sporty rocks in the twisties but for all around comfort handiling and power I find Dyna the best choice Just remember no Motorcycle does everything good all is a trade off I think you will love the Dyna

Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

I'm sure I will... Like I said previously, what it must be like to be rich!

Actually, I just became aware of used Softy at my local HD shop, '01 for around 10k... I'm gonna have to talk to my buddy up there, and see if he might be able to work me out a deal.

=]]

I'm to fickle, haha.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Quick Reply: Changed from Sportster to Street Bob