Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride safe, another close call

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:46 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ride safe, another close call

Here's something unavoidable. I'm returning from the Key West Poker Run and I'm cruising about 75mph on the Turnpike. I come up behing some ****ing mexicans moving furniture. They had a matress and some other furniture in the back of some ol beat up pick-up truck. I go to pass them and a sheet flies off the matress and lands on the road right in my path, it happened so fast I couldn't react and I just ran over it. The only skid marks were in my underwear. I'm sure we've all seen it, people moving a matress and thier too lazy to take the sheet off, WTF?

Old 10-27-2007, 03:25 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: ride safe, another close call

ORIGINAL: stbobber

Here's something unavoidable. I'm returning from the Key West Poker Run and I'm cruising about 75mph on the Turnpike. I come up behing some fu*#ing mexicans moving furniture. They had a matress and some other furniture in the back of some ol beat up pick-up truck. I go to pass them and a sheet flies off the matress and lands on the road right in my path, it happened so fast I couldn't react and I just ran over it. The only skid marks were in my underwear. I'm sure we've all seen it, people moving a matress and thier too lazy to take the sheet off, WTF?
Glad you are okay!!!!!!!!!!
If it was the whole matress, you could have taken a nap
I guess you could say you passed on the wrong side................

What do Mexicans have to do with it?? Was the sheet made in China??

DougJ

Old 10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
ponte
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're ok. I understand being pissed but......... what does their race have to do with it. Tell you what. I'll ask my wife who is Mexican if leaving sheets on mattresses while moving is a cultural thing. I'm thinking it's more of a stupid thing myself.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
cpa55
Cruiser

Maybe they were here illegally and shouldn't have been on the road to begin with? Just food for thought.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:10 PM
scottr0
Intermediate

wow ....... how P.C.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
manofsteele2003
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow. I saw a guy with a hot tub in the back of his pick-up, the wind caught it, it hit the pavement and broke into and million pieces. It was cool to watch but wouldn't of been if I was behind it.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:10 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

When I was working for a general contractor, we were working a job where a garage got flooded. While hauling away the demo, we were nice enough to take some of the soggy junk they had cleaned out. I was driving the truck down the highway, a box had ripped open and **** magazines were flying out! I didn't realize when I looked in the mirror is was flying ****!lol, lol I found out when I stopped and started chasing Hef's girls down the road. ****. [][8D] Glad there were no bikes behind me.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
BillyJoeBob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

OH SHEET ! ! !

Old 10-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironhorselady
I didn't realize when I looked in the mirror is was flying ****!lol, lol I found out when I stopped and started chasing Hef's girls down the road. ****. [][8D] Glad there were no bikes behind me.
Yeah, it gets pretty dangerous trying to maneuver the bike to catch all those magazines

Old 10-28-2007, 02:51 PM
js1268
Banned

hey Ponte, their race has absolutely everything to do with it...he was identifying them, you politically correct idiot!

...if there were women in the vehicle I'd say, "there were a carload of women moving furniture"... then according to you, i'd be a sexist right?

always gotta be someone playing the race card, or something

here's how Ponte thinks the scenario should have been played out if you had been seriously injured, stbobber...

Police Officer: Are you okay, sir?

stbobber: No, I think my leg is broken (as you writhe in agony)

Police Officer: Did you see who was responsible?

stbobber: Yes (barely able to utter it)

Police Officer: Can you describe them?

stbobber: Yes, they were humans

Police Officer (perplexed): Yes, I understand that... But what did they look like?

stbobber: There were probably 3 of them... each of them had 2 arms and 2 legs ...they were driving, so I know they weren't animals... must have been humans (struggling to breath because of the pain)

Police Officer: Sir, I understand they were human... But do you think you could be more specific?... Were they white, black, mexican maybe, male, female?

stbobber: What does that have to do with it?

Police Officer: Sir, I'm just looking for a description... something that our officer could use in helping to identify those responsible.

stbobber: Sorry officer, I can't help you with that... I don't want you thinking I'm a racist if I might accurately be able to identify the humans responsible ...Being politically correct and culturally and racially sensitive is more important to me than prosecuting those responsible

(Police officer dispatches other officers)

Police Officer: Attention all units! Be on the look-out for 3 human beings driving a truck- Each has 2 arms and 2 legs- Over

..... people like you irritate the pure hell right out of me, Aponte ...you try to sound so damn smart, but you really don't have a realistic clue about anything... the only thing I think you got right, is buying a Harley

Quick Reply: ride safe, another close call