Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride safe, another close call

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
arkieollie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ride safe, another close call

I'm a infidel honky.......LOL!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
twofish
Road Master

I understand completely.
There are way to many hazards out there
and they don’t seem to get any better.
I try to have an “Oh Well” attitude which
works for most of the time.
I had a non speaking English, Mexican pull
into a liquor store right in front of me and
I had to lay rubber to avoid the worst.
This time I pulled into the parking lot
and gave him a few choice words, his
drunk girlfriend had to explain it to him.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all you Fu@#ing Americans! oops.....was that a racist remark? Sorry.......

Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
ponte
Cruiser

That's right, Fu#ing Mexicans, and I'll bet 3 out of four of them had no legal status being in the U.S.
So you're able to identify illegal aliens by sight huh? That's quite a skill you have there. Enlighten us all and tell us what they look like. Oh, and what about the fourth guy. How did you know he was a legal U.S. citizen? Or, are you infering that 3 out of 4 Mexicans are illegal? I know that there are quite a few in our country but I didn't know the percentage was that high. Looks like you missed your calling, you should be working for the border patrol with those keen observation skills you have there.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: js1268

hey labfreak, here's an education for you:

rac-ism (noun)

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

... i don't think i even came close to implying the first (i.e., that my race -which is italian-american, by the way- is superior and has the right to rule mexicans)
... i don't think i embrace any system of government of doctrine or policy that enforces the first definition
... i don't think i indicated any hatred or intolerance towards mexicans or any other race

so if you're going to accuse me of something, labfreak, make sure you know the definition of the word, first!

Now, if stbobber had said something to the effect like "...i knew they were @#$%^%& mexicans because of the way they were driving"....even that would not have been racist, he would have been endorsing a STEREOTYPE if stbobber believed that only mexicans drove a certain way.... sort of like being involved in an accident, and before you can identify the person who hit you, you claim it's a woman because you harbor a stereotype that all women are bad drivers.

...people like you throw that word around so aloofly it's astonishing!... go sell politically correct on another forum!

shall i go on to educate you about the definitions of "stereotype", "bigotry", and "prejudice"? ...or do you just think those words are synonymous with "racism"..... enlighten ME, labfreak... you ignoramus
OK, professor!, thanks for the lecture! Look, I'm sorry I called you a name, felt like an idiot as soon as I posted it, you guys can rage on about this issue if you want..
I married a girl whose Mom was Puerto Rican, her dad Jewish, her parents put up with all kinds of racist ****. I am a white honkey, and was not very aware of racial prejudice until I married her. Tolerence is what is needed these days...let's get back to motorcycles, shall we?

Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Littleleroy
Advanced

Amen to that! I'm just glad no one offended any vaginal Americans on this thread.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ponte, talk about keen observation, you don't know the difference between a racial remark and a comment. Would it offend you if I said fu**ing cowboys, or fu#*ing Haitians, or f#%ing cubans? Is it a racial remark if I said I was robbed by a f#%ing white man? Or I just got robbed by a fu#&ing black man? Do you see racism here? I have nothing against mexicans, I just said there was a truck load of f#%ing mexicans with a mattress and a sheet on it, the sheet blew off and could have tangled me up and took me down. Something you didn't know, most mexicans don't know english when they cross the border and thats a fact. Now if your married to a mexican women, fine that's your perogative, but if your having some personal issues with it then lets leave it out of the forum.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
js1268
Banned

Bravo, stbobber!

....and i could rage on if i wanted, but i'm tired of fighting guys like ponte and labfreak on this issue.... i do it on a regular basis.... part of my job

now let's ride our bikes... but if you're in new england like i am, go outside to the shed or garage and stare at it

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: js1268

Bravo, stbobber!

....and i could rage on if i wanted, but i'm tired of fighting guys like ponte and labfreak on this issue.... i do it on a regular basis.... part of my job

now let's ride our bikes... but if you're in new england like i am, go outside to the shed or garage and stare at it
Part of your job?...SS? Gestapo maybe?..

Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 PM
js1268
Banned

oh, here we go....in addition to a #$%^&%$ racist, i'm also a "****"... another word liberals like labfreak enjoy tossing around when they don't like to read dictionary definitions of the words they're using so wrongly ....never mind, their narrow perception of human behavior as it applies to their hypocrisy....

and in case you can't see the hypocrisy, labfreak.... it's that people like you have absolutely NO problem accusing me of being a racist and a **** when all i've done is point out how absolutely absurd your understanding of culture, race, and ethnicity really are- and their associated verb tense definitions... all you have- according to you- is the small world in which your late immediately family was formed... that is not enough of a referent to begin to accuse others of being a racist or a ****....nor does it make you an expert in the area ....most of us have a clear understanding of what racism is LONG before we get married - either through direct experience or through some formal education... a combination of both would be ideal.... so your confession about when YOU first experienced it clearly explains your freshman- and quite frankly- novel idea in trying to attack those that you think are a part of the same paradigm in which YOU were raised as a white honkey

so speak for yourself, and no one else, labfreak .... cause if anyone has ever been guilty of racism in this discussion- it's admittedly been you!

... and keep up the personal attacks and i'll see about having you banned for trying to assassinate my character

because as you so poignantly pointed out, i AM a professor (assistant) in the philosophy department at a local reputable college teaching morality and ethics as they apply to LAW... that's right, I'm a lawyer

Quick Reply: ride safe, another close call