Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered up my first HD today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 11:47 PM
mdog2222
Tourer
Default RE: Ordered up my first HD today!

Congrats....

Old 10-25-2007 | 12:45 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Congrats - mine arrived today - the Dark Blue Pearl is very nice.

Mark

Old 10-25-2007 | 06:05 AM
powdercoater
Road Captain

Congrats Gilly!

Old 10-25-2007 | 06:26 AM
jeffbcn
Road Master

Congrats. Enjoy your new Mistress

Old 10-25-2007 | 06:47 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: xl50_366

i didnt realize they put fowards on a bob at the dealership....is it a marketing thing or just some come with fowards and some dont? good luck with the new bike...and put some drag bars on it...(i like 'em the most)...imho...
the bob is actually the only dyna that can be ordered with factory mid or factory forward controls. it's not the dealer that is installing them. although, i'm sure they would if you bought one with mids and wanted forwards - to the tune of 7 or 8 hundred dollars i'm hearing.

i'm with ionate - the super glide custom should have this as at least an option as well. actually, they probably all should. at least the lowrider comes with highway pegs and the wide glide comes with forwards standard.

anyway, congrats on the new bike. i don't know how you can wait 5 months for a bike but i guess it's just as well if you live where you couldn't ride it anyway. it would drive me nuts though. i'd have to get it asap and start tinkering with upgrades and just be able to look at it now and then.

Old 10-25-2007 | 07:19 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new bike. It's gonna be a long winter!!

Old 10-25-2007 | 07:33 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on your new money pit. You are gonna love it.

Old 10-25-2007 | 08:01 AM
Gilly
|
Road Captain

Thanks guys. This'll give me some time to save more down-payment scratch too. I hope that maybe I'll only have to finance about 1/2 of it, and I hate payment books enough that I'll probably pay it off in a year I'm guessing.
I really like the bars, not stretcing for them at all like I was worried about. The forwards are a bit of a reach, but I did still have some bend in my knee, not much though. Wife will want a different seat, she looked through my Harley toy book and thought maybe the sundowner. And I'll get a backrest on it too, the kind that goes under the seat like the V Rod backrest.
Freind of mine is the service manager at this dealer, he thought they make black rockerboxes and said he'd help me get those replaced if I want to black the bike out a bit more. For right now the plan will be concentrating on paying it off, and some relatively cheap mods to get rid of just some of the chrome, not like a nightster or night train, but some of that chrome has to go!
Gilly

Old 10-25-2007 | 08:19 AM
wreakmongrel
Advanced

Congrats Gilly on your first ride. I notice you're online at this exact moment. Aren't you supposed to be "sick" in bed?

Old 10-25-2007 | 12:35 PM
Gilly
|
Road Captain

Thanks fpr noticing. Yeah I woke up hungry about 7am and had some cereal, left the puter on, but should have shown offline I would think? Back to bed by 8 and didn't wake up til 12pm. Gonna get some lunch, and decide whether to call the boss again or not when my wife gets home. She'll be pissed if I miss work again.
Gilly

Quick Reply: Ordered up my first HD today!