Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saddle bags for Street bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
street2007bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saddle bags for Street bob

Are there any true “throw over” bags that do not require any support brackets that I would not have to be totally freaked out about getting caught in any thing?I would notplan to leavethem onall the time just for overnight runs and such. I know brackets would be the best and safest route but just wondering what is out there.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: saddle bags for Street bob

I use a throw over bag that is U bolted on to my side hardware for my sissy bar... i just swap sides that they are on and flip em upside down... works great and looks just fine!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/9EC9293D56104B65A367E9E9671B3055.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26534/9E9E178BF236451189ACB18B6B71E313.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Livi1215
Tourer

I was wondering the same thing,what if you had a system set up where you.........s---- I lost the idea. I think there are some out there you just need to watch the places the bags rub on and put like felt or something on your bags so they scratch any thing. I'll let you know if I come up with something, I thought I saw a topic on here about this before.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
dynadiver
Cruiser

I just put a set of River Road cheapy type bags in medium size on my S/G. I laced them up a little bit higher than I normally would so they wouldnt touch my pipes when 2-up with the wife. Also with them laced up higher, they ride against the fender support rail so they wont touch my rotor/belt/etc. No supports or hardware at all. My father runs the same setup on his S/B and they work there too. Also with these bags, you dont have to move the turn signals. They sit perfectly between the shocks and signals. I'll try to post some pics tonight of them on the bike.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotmine from Foxcreek Leather. Did'nt have to relocate anything. You do need felt or something so ya don't scuff the paint on fender. I put the P-seat on top of the yoke and it holds it just fine. Good quality bags. Foxcreekleather.com. Heard about 'em on this forum.
Here's what they look like: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...tBob/bags3.jpg

Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

or get a roll bag ... bikers friend or lazy rider ... I like detachable bags myself ... with easybrackets

Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

I have Willie & Max slants - fit great w/o relocating anything, and do agree with using felt (or mouse pad, or velcro soft, or similar) at rub points and tie wraps as needed. Seldom use them but they work fine w/o spending a lot, but can't fit a lot in them.

Chip

Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

I've got a set of these that I've usen on my metric bikes & my H/D before I got my H/D detachable bags. They're soft nylon, but if the bags are full & you make sure the flaps are tightened good they don't get any where near the wheel. I also use bungees thru the D-rings on the bags to secure them in place. I got them from JC Whitney.......cheap.[/align]
PONY EXPRESS-STYLE NYLON SADDLEBAGS[/align]

[/align]Top flaps secure with dual nylon straps and plastic double D-rings. 2 tough plastic D-rings on each bag let you anchor bags to cycle with tie-downs (not included). Nonadjustable 10" yoke goes over or under seat.[/align][/align]Durable 1,000-denier black Cordura® nylon—lightweight, strong and polyurethane coated for water resistance [/align][/align]Available in 5 sizes [/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually most any throw over slant bags will work fine without getting caught in anything.That's not what you need to worry about, most throw over bags will destroy your paint in short order.If you have a back seat to securely hold them down and some really soft material underneath the yoke they'll work but if you actually just throw them over your back fender they will f*** up your back fender and eventually your belt gaurd as well.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using heavy leatherthrow-overs now. One problem is with them flying up in the wind. Saw some cheapie attachments on eBay a while back - essentially a string with a keeper like on a tent. Mine stay down if the yoke is under the passenger pillion and they are over the sissy bar side plate support - keeps them far enough away from the wheel & rotor. Bought some older FXR bags off eBay last week and may sell these if the new bags work with the Easy Brackets. Will post in the classifieds if that's the case.

Quick Reply: saddle bags for Street bob