Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Marlon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush mufflers

Anyone knows Rush mufflers? I'd want to install them on my Street Bob but I don't know if it's a good quality and how is the sound..... Some pics would be appreciate. Thanks guys.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:46 AM
ncfxdc
Novice
Default RE: Rush mufflers

I have Rush mufflers with 2" baffles on my FXDC. The quality seems very good to me. They also sound very good. My brother has Vance & Hines big radius pipes on his bike. His are a little louder than mine, but mine are deeper sounding. Sorry, I don't have any pictures. If (big if) they cost the same as slip ons, I would have bought a full set of pipes, but, if you want slip ons, I think you would be happy with Rush.

Oh, and I didn't buy the company and I don't work for the company or care what you buy-just answering your question.

Fred

Old 10-24-2007, 07:19 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They make a good product and they do sound good. I wanted some for mine but got impatient and bought some SE II's instead. I was promised they would sound as good as Rush but they don't. I'm okay with them but I wish I had waited for some Rushes to be ordered for me. My buddy has the slipons with 2" baffles on his Heritage and they sound very good. I remember going to their website and you can play video/sound clips to hear the difference over stock. I also called their customer service department to ask about compatibility with my stock bike vs. needing a download and I remember that they were very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's an older pic with the Rush slip-ons, 2 inch baffles. They've gone away to the powder coaters. I put the SEII's back on for now. The Rush's are a bit deeper, and possibly a little louder than the SEII's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38520/37A285A99ACD4483B8B1B44BAE6BD16B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

Marlon, I have a set of Rush slip ons that I purchased new and used them for maybe 900 miles. I bought a complete set of pipes so the Rush slip ons are for sale if you are interseted.
Let me know..

Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Marlon
Advanced

Yes, they are very frendly and helpfull. Here is whatI wrote tothem yesterday :
"Hello,
I would wish mufflers not too noisy because I lived in France and because the laws are strict. My bike is a 2006 Dyna Street Bob and I like #14205 mufflers with #3014 tips. Is it correct for a Street Bob?
What is the price of this set?
Thanks."

And here is their answer :
"Pascal, You are correct on the part numbers.

You can purchase the mufflers overseas at Riders of Bristol in the UK, martin@ridersofbristol.co.uk
Or if you prefer to purchase from the US try this web site,I believe they ship overseas. www.brucerossmeyer.com
At this time we don't have a dealer in France.
If you have a concern about noise, use the mufflers with a 1.5" baffle they will produce a mellower tone, Your part numbers will be 14205-150 for the mufflers.
Thank You!"

Do you think with a 1.5 baffle the Rush mufflers are louder than SEII mufflers? SEII are too loud for France because of the Police.......

Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Really? The SEII's are too loud. I know my 2 inch Rush's are louder than SEII's. Not sure about the 1.5 inchers. The Government does not want you to use anything but stock stuff, it seems? Do they use electronic equipment to check, or just the word of the police? We have some laws like that in some cities in the US, too.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

can you swap baffles if the ones you have are to loud,or to quiet ?

Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Marlon
Advanced

Police uses electronic equipment and is very strict. I would like to find mufflers which do not overtake 98 decibels registered on the frame of the bike. If the noise is too loud, it costs $ 128 !!!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

They make a good product and they do sound good. I wanted some for mine but got impatient and bought some SE II's instead. I was promised they would sound as good as Rush but they don't. I'm okay with them but I wish I had waited for some Rushes to be ordered for me. My buddy has the slipons with 2" baffles on his Heritage and they sound very good. I remember going to their website and you can play video/sound clips to hear the difference over stock. I also called their customer service department to ask about compatibility with my stock bike vs. needing a download and I remember that they were very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.
What did they say about about the download?

By the way, the seat has been great. It is a much better fit for me than the one I sent to you.

Quick Reply: Rush mufflers