Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Rush mufflers

ORIGINAL: tbone52

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

They make a good product and they do sound good. I wanted some for mine but got impatient and bought some SE II's instead. I was promised they would sound as good as Rush but they don't. I'm okay with them but I wish I had waited for some Rushes to be ordered for me. My buddy has the slipons with 2" baffles on his Heritage and they sound very good. I remember going to their website and you can play video/sound clips to hear the difference over stock. I also called their customer service department to ask about compatibility with my stock bike vs. needing a download and I remember that they were very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.
What did they say about about the download?

By the way, the seat has been great. It is a much better fit for me than the one I sent to you.
Hey buddy, they told me the same thing about the download that the dealer told me and I have seen posted here many times. They said I should be good as long as I don't upgrade the air cleaner. The guy I talked to suggested I get the 1.75" baffles instead of the 2" just to be on the safe side but I'd probably be okay with any of them. I still wish I had waited for a set. The guy even told me exactly where I could go to buy them but the dealer was out of stock when I got there.

I'm now hearing I can buy some Big City Thunder baffles for my SE II's that will make themsound a lot better. I may just go that route. Then again, I may wait and just get the V&H's big radius's that I really want -for looks as much as sound. I really love the way those pipes look on a dyna!

I feel the same way about the seat you traded me. It's just as comfortable as the sundowner but it doesn't feel like it's pushing me more forward than my stock seat. I've actually only used it once - when I went to Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Glad it was a win-win for both of us. I just bought a stock streetbob seat from someone here and am looking forward to trying that out solo. I'd never take a long trip without that tallboy though.

Take care

Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Marlon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooops, I made a mistake.... SEII pro are too loud for France. I bought them and I sold them two days after. And what is louder, Rush slipon or Cycle shack slipon ?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Marlon

oooops, I made a mistake.... SEII pro are too loud for France. I bought them and I sold them two days after. And what is louder, Rush slipon or Cycle shack slipon ?
Sorry, no help on the SE Pro's or the Cycle Shacks.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Rush with the 1.5 inch baffle is the quietest,they have interchangeable baffles if you want to change the sound.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

I put the Rush on my bike today. the 1.75 baffle. Sound is fantastic. Not obnoxious load. but deep great sound. To be honest ,i like the sound better than the SE'II's i had on mt dyna. 2 thumbs up !!!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh.. A plug for http://www.cyclespot.com/ Great service !!! fast shipping !! And great people do deal with !! And by far best price on my Rush slip on's !!! I am fast to rag on a bad place to deal with,and feel it's great to plug a good place . Rush pipes shipped to front door. 209.89 Total price .

Old 10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
danrad55
Cruiser

I listened to the Rush Slip-ons on a new Dyna at an Open House at Zylstra's in St. Charles, IL, Sounded great and the rep said that EVERYTHING is made in U.S.A., even all of the fittings. Said owner is adamant about Made In U.S.A., like me (sure wish Harley still was!). Sounded and looked great and their repsaid that with the 1.75" you did not have to change anything unless you chang the airintake. Made in Indiana and that is what I will add after my warranty is over. Can't wait!