Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stebel Nautilus air horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
6165hd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stebel Nautilus air horn

Ok, I did my home work on the HDsearch for a Relay switch/air hornand where does it friggen go.. and need wiring help///// any help would be appriciated or I may short out and fry my bike. Not interested in the HD Air Horn, and paying for it to be installed,,, damit I will do this, I can do this............ wait till I want to change my own oil,,,, oh man!!!! you guys will friggen run for sure. ha, ha,

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
cigarman
Cruiser
Default RE: Stebel Nautilus air horn

Do a search on the XLforum. There are many posts about the Stebel and mounting it.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 PM
bolverk
Cruiser

I recently installed the Howard's Hog Horns Duo. The relay that came with horn mounted under the seat. I had to run a 2 10g wires from the postive on the battery. One wire to the relay and one wire to the positive on the horn compressor. The original horn positive wire connected to the relay...and the stock horn ground is not used. A 10g ground is run from the horn compressor to the negative on the battery and a 10g ground is run from the relay to the battery. I believe the Howards Hog Horns website has a pdf of the instal instructions which shows the relay wiring...shouldn't be much different for any other brand...

Hit the horn button now and it sounds like a semi...lol A riding buddy wanted to know how I fabbed velocity stacks for the intake on the opposite side...lol Air Horns are cool...

And I love showing pics...here's the duo on my street bob

Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the Stebel Compact. I stuffed the relay under the seat. Seperated the compressor from the horn. Mounted the compressor to the front downtube of the frame (see my sig pic and you can see it right above the highway peg). Then ran a fuel line for the hose and mounted the horn under the cowbell.
The whole set up is barley noticable...that is until I hit the horn button

Old 10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bolverk
That is so bad *** looking!
If I had the confidence to do all that electrical type of work then I would be all over this...

Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

Awsome, thanks for the feed back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will let you know how it all works out..................

Cheers,

Joe

Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
bolverk
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sintax

ORIGINAL: bolverk
That is so bad *** looking!
If I had the confidence to do all that electrical type of work then I would be all over this...
Sintax...I've been checking out your post about changing the rear signals and shortening the posts...if you can do that bit of wiring you can install the Howard's horns...it's easy...you don't even have to splice the original horn wires so if you want it's easy to go back to the stock horn...most of the wireing is done under the seat and its either directly to the battery or from the relay back to the horn compressor. Took me about 45 min to do the whole install.

I was following a friend who hadn't seen the horns and when we pulled over he wanted to know what type of air intake I had on the bike..lol...and they are loud...my only gripe is the skull horn cover pokes me in the leg a bit...but I can't part with it...