Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a blast!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a blast!

You may recall that a few weeks ago I started a post regarding my 1st ride on my almost new (300 mi)
07 Streetbob after getting back from my indy after he lowered it for me.

I was scared sh!itless as I hadn't ridden in a year and wasn't used to the bike.

I've been riding tentatively ever since. Went on the freeway for a little bit but SoCal freeways
are scary and I definitely need a windshield as I almost blow off at about 65 mph with all of my
130 lbs.

Today I tooled around Pasadena for a couple hours and finally started feeling comfortable on my new
scoot. Sounds good (V&H shortshots), handles great (has the 180 tire) and looks amazing with the
Streetslammers, Danny Gray big seat (whichI love) and the new tank emblem which is unique and
cool looking. Started cranking it and enjoying the curves in the road. Wow!!!!

I had the Harley grin when I got back. Big time. It's starting to feel real natural. Not getting cocky or
anything but I'm really starting to get a feel for this bike and it's totally awesome!

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Pics to follow as the computer with all my camera software is packed up.

Aren't Harley's the BEST!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What a blast!

ORIGINAL: stevieg

Aren't Harley's the BEST!
Sure are. And the Street Bob is the BEST of the BEST (sounds good anyway - I know I love mine).

Glad you're having fun with it. [sm=smiley20.gif]

What tank badge did you go with? I've been keeping an eye out for ideas for mine.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Went with this one and it looks amazing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem
I will post pics when I get back from my trip in a couple weeks
but it looks real solid on the bike and the touch of red really sets things off. It's amazing how flimsy and cheap the stock emblems are on a Streetbob. They're crap. These make the bike look....uh....more substantial? More expensive. I don't know. A tank emblem on a bike is really the focal point in my opinion. Not like a car. That's what people look for and notice.
I got these for $44.00 and they come ready to put on. To get the curve just right I used a heavy cloth and a rubber mallet and it molds right to thecurvature of the tank.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM
06FXDCIRider
Cruiser

stevieg, You need to take that bike up on the road above Malibu. Go up there to the area around Agoura Hills. That's where the Easyriders guys had the Malibu Mountains Hog Ranch. I guess that venture never really took off, but the ride on that road is super cool. Plenty of curves and lots of little tunnels to rumble through. I spent about 10 years out there in SoCal in the Navy and put about 10,000 miles on my '92 Low Rider out there. You live in the best place that I know of for riding motorcycles. Make sure to go up in the mountains above Pasadena, go Northeast, up in the Sierras. Great riding up there. It might be a little cool up there this time of year. Take a ride to Vegas.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
newridrnconcord
Cruiser

Glad to hear you're enjoying it - it feels great to gain some confidence!! The Street Bob is an awesome bike.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: stevieg

Went with this one and it looks amazing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem
That does look pretty sharp.
I'd love to see a pic of it on the bike when you get a chance.