Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Iron January Issue - 2006 Super Glide Custom Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default American Iron January Issue - 2006 Super Glide Custom Review

The new issue of American Iron will hit the news stands tomorrow and they are reviewing the 2006 Super Glide Custom. I'm anxious to see what is said about my bike thru someone else's "professional" eyes.

I would assume that this review will pretty much hold true also for 2006 Super Glides, Super Glide 35's, Low Riders, and to an extent Street Bobs (but for the handlebars they are essentially the same bike).

The cover looks promising, but from my own opinion this is one awesome bike.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Hughey79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Iron January Issue - 2006 Super Glide Custom Review

I just read this article. Seems like they like it. The biggest thing is the new 6 speed tranny. That to them is the bomb.
Seems with the new transmission the bike can haul some high speeds without difficulty.
This was a very good read. Short and to the point.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Renegade
Tourer

Waiting on my copy to arrive over here in Iraq...hurry up mail!

Old 12-14-2005, 02:36 PM
VI66
Cruiser

Thanks for your service Renegade! I would like to point out that I can't find this magazine anywhere here!

Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: VI66

Thanks for your service Renegade! I would like to point out that I can't find this magazine anywhere here!
I had to go to 5 different stores just to find it but I finally found a new copy today. Like Hughey79 stated, they really like the 6-speed. Plus they said it handles really well and that they also like the reduced effort clutch lever as well. All told is was a positive review!

Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
VI66
Cruiser

Can you tell us about any negatives from the article Power?

Old 12-14-2005, 08:35 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain

Only that a couple of the guys complained about the handlebars...which again I don't have any issues with. They are comfortable to me.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:50 PM
06WideGlide
Cruiser

I subscribe and read the article about a week ago. Only real negative are the handlebars as has been stated. The author of the article owns a 04 Super Glide and stated the handling is only marginally improved over his bike. The 04/05 SG must be great too. My 06 Wide Glide handles like a Buell in comparison to my old Super Glide (97) and I bet the 06 Super Glide is even better than my WG.

One of the Riding Impression sidebars was by a big guy and he stated that the riding position was cramped for him. Overall they really liked it.

I kinda have a beef with many of the AI reviews, they try to be cute and I want more cold, hard analysis and technical details. For example, all of us put goobs of dodahs for our scoots for style and function. Many of the issues raised in this forum relate to accessories. Why can't reviews discuss and evaluate common accessories after a thorough discussion of the stock bike? Sorry about the sidetrack; I should say this stuff to the editor. It is still a great magazine though and I can leave it on my coffee table and not worry about kids seeing it (as one of the writers said in the last issue).

Steve

Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 477 Posts

Biggest thing that bothers me about the '06 Dyna reviews in several magazines is that none of 'em mention anything about the 15k bearing replacement. Could be because the articles were done up well in advance of the date the magazine is available. But when is the last time anyone ever read a review/road test that objectively rated a bike? They'll point out minor shortcomings, but that's it. Gotta keep the ad folks happy, 'cause that's where the bucks are.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 AM
06WideGlide
Cruiser

Agreed, I forgot about the 15K bearing replacement. I can forgive them the tranny recall given press deadlines, but I knew about the 15K deal when I bought my bike on 8/12. Bought it anyway, it is a great bike.

Steve

Quick Reply: American Iron January Issue - 2006 Super Glide Custom Review