Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLIP-ONS AT THE END OF MY ROPE

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:03 PM
lylt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLIP-ONS AT THE END OF MY ROPE

I HAVE A 07 FXD DYNA I PUT ON V&H SLIP-ONS WAY TOO LOUD THEN PUT ON SE 07 FOR 110CU. KIT QUITER THAN STOCK THEY SU*K I WANT TO TRY REINHART BY BUB SLIP-ONS DO ANYONE HAVE THEM AND HOW DO THEY SOUND

Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLIP-ONS AT THE END OF MY ROPE

Go pipes and quit playin.........................LOLIFE........... .....

Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Ky Windage
Cruiser

There's a thread her somewhere that had a link to RUSH slipons. They have media player demos showing off thedifferent diameter pipes. Actually pretty cool. Not the same as hearing them in person but gives yousome idea how they sound.
I'll probaby have to wait until next year, but those are the one's I'm going for.

Just googled the link > http://www.epiflex.com/index.html click on the dyna andchoose the size you want to hear in the dropdown menu just above the media player on the page.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

The Rhineharts will be too loud for your lily ears. Just get some Rush's or drill a hole in your stock baffles and be done with it.

WTF is the world coming to when slip-on mufflers are too loud for a Harley? [:@]

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 PM
ddog
Advanced

Try the quiet baffles in your VH's. I did, it was just the ticket.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Rineharts on my FXDBI and love them. I can't say that I've paid attention to know how they listen compared to the V&H and SEII's. If you live in the Washington DC area I might be able to help you out with an audio demo. I'll swing by your place, say around 2am?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
lylt
Intermediate

sorry i get up at3am neighobors might get a little pissy i just wanta little louder than stock big guy

Old 10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

How about just coasting down the block some before firing it up?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
greg3131
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

are you selling the V&H slip-ons?

Greg 07 fxdb

[/align]

Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Bub Rinehart slip-ons.

When I first put em on and started the bike, I got this **** eating, ear to ear grin on my face. Loud, deep rumble, everything I thought they should be. I then went out for a ride and actually thought they might be a little too loud. I mean they were headache loud. Thought maybe this was a bad day, give them another try. Five riding days later, still felt the same. Headache loud....but suprisingly not at highway cruising speeds, just going through the gears on secondary roads, and almost embarrasing loud sitting at lights. (this is in my opinion)

Then my mission started, called Rinehart to see if they had a "quit baffle" for them, answer was "nope, don't make em", he said, "but you can always add some fiberglass packing", with "loose packing"stressed.

Before taking the advice I did some research online for other ways to quite them down. I found this site below and figured, "I can do that", so I took out the baffles, made some cuts, and welded in half flat fender washers, and while they were off, add some loose fiberglass packing loosely, (not tight around the baffle and or too much, one layer, 1/4 " thick)

http://www.gadgetjq.com/vhbagger_shhh.htm <---- hopefully this link works to see 3 options

Got em all done, started the bike and they sounded a little louder than stock, (yeah, I said a little louder than stock!) alot better when romped on, but not whatI was looking for. Off they came again, grinded the welds off, took out the half washers, welded up the slits I cut in the baffles, left the packing in. Purrrrrrrrrfect, nice deep rumble, but not the headache.

So to answer your question, the Bub Rinehart slip ons sound great, but a little too loud for me, as I wear a half helmet so ears are exposed, refuse to wear earplugs," wear them on too many job sites, hate em".
But, with a little packing, the sound is perfect for me, and have gotten a few compliments of how they have that nice deep rumble I was looking for.

Quick Reply: SLIP-ONS AT THE END OF MY ROPE