Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intalling foward controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007 | 11:15 PM
hubcap
|
Advanced
Default intalling foward controls

Is it very difficult to install forward controls? I dont have a bike yet, but leaning toward the Dyna Bob. Definately need the foward controls

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:48 AM
Jaybob07
Tourer
Default RE: intalling foward controls

I put my foward controls on my Streetbob my sleft. The only thing that I have to do is take it in and have the primary taken off to take out the mid control link. Other than that its not that hard.

Old 10-16-2007 | 06:36 AM
Malc_F
Advanced

ORIGINAL: hubcap

Is it very difficult to install forward controls? I dont have a bike yet, but leaning toward the Dyna Bob. Definately need the foward controls
Im fitting some to my fxdx this weekend and are really looking forward to gettin em on, I have never done it before but will post the results and such if you like, Im no mechanical genius and so if I can do it, you probably can too!

Old 10-16-2007 | 07:21 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Kuryakyn makes some controls for your dyna that are very easy to install and do not require any work be done to the primary. Instead the mid-shift components are hidden away allowing you to switch back to mids very easily later on should you decide to use them or sell your bike to someone that prefers them.

Old 10-16-2007 | 08:36 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

exactly what 2007 fxdc said

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:27 PM
tideglide
Cruiser

I bought the kitfrom the dealer. It came with a cap for the plug that sticks out of the primary. It was very easy to install, as I am no uber wrench. Took me about an hour and 2.5 beers.

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:43 PM
hubcap
|
Advanced

Thanks guys. This confirms what I thought, should be easy enough. The salesman at the stealership said it would be about a $700 upgrade. Thats a little steep for an hour worth of work.

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:55 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I don't think the HD kit comes with a beauty cap for the old spline. I think you can find one that will work. HD wants you to remove the primary cover and then the mid shifter parts, plugthe holefrom the back and put it all back together. If you choose to just use a cover, don't forget you have to do something with the mid-shift linkage sticking up out of the back of the primary - you don't want that just wondering around back there. The Kury kit comes with a clip to bolt to it to lock it back out of the way and hold it there. You probably won't be able to find something like that lying around a dealer's store by itself.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:06 PM
tideglide
Cruiser

Yep,
Mine came with a cap. I did this a month ago.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:10 PM
Malc_F
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

don't forget you have to do something with the mid-shift linkage sticking up out of the back of the primary - you don't want that just wondering around back there.
Is it capable of causing damage? I'd like to know as Im doing mine and was going to just leave it a while till I got the additional parts, but if it can cause damage maybe not!

Quick Reply: intalling foward controls