Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intalling foward controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:13 PM
tideglide
Cruiser
Default RE: intalling foward controls

It also comes with a bracket to secure the linkage. The kit has everything you need to do the job (Except the tools , of course :-)

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:13 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hubcap

Is it very difficult to install forward controls? I dont have a bike yet, but leaning toward the Dyna Bob. Definately need the foward controls
I know this has become one of my "causes" on this sure, or maybe my only one , but you really ought to ride on the mids at least for a little bit before you try and change them out. Unless you are a giant, they will provide better control. Like I have said before, I thought I would "Definitely need the forward controls" too, but have been more than happy with mids and highway pegs. For 99% of riders out there you will be giving up allot of performance enhancing control by going right to forwards. Sure they look cool, but the Dynas and the Street Bob in particular are bikes meant to be really ridden. When I get a second bike (hopefully a Springer slop-tail at some point) for laid back cruising I will probably go for forwards. But I really really suggest you give the mids a few weeks. JMHO.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:28 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tideglide

It also comes with a bracket to secure the linkage. The kit has everything you need to do the job (Except the tools , of course :-)
Tide, are you saying the HD kit comes with those parts or are you talking about the Kury kit? If the HD kit comes with them, that's good to know but the first I've heard of it.

If it does, I'd recommend leaving the mid-shift parts in place unless you just can't stand the look of that cover vs. the plugged hole. It will be an added selling point if/when you ever get rid of your bike and the forward controls become a deal breaker due to the size or preference of the potential buyer.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:32 PM
tideglide
Cruiser

'07, The HD kit comes with all the parts required. The only gripe I've got is the new brake lever is a little cheesy. Just looks kinda cheap.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:36 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tideglide

'07, The HD kit comes with all the parts required. The only gripe I've got is the new brake lever is a little cheesy. Just looks kinda cheap.
Not trying to start an argument with anyone but I have to agree with you and say that's one reason I went with the Kuryakyn kit. It just looks and feels more "beefy" and worth the money. Of course, for some bikes, people like more of a simple, toned-down look so it's good that we now have a choice without ease of installation being the deciding factor. I wonder if they just started adding those pieces because Kuryakyn has them in their kit?

Old 10-16-2007 | 11:52 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

My wife got me the HD kit. it was not that hard to put on. as for the factor about haveing the mid control parts just in the way I grabed some safty wire from my shop and saftywired the linkage from the link to the bolt on the trany. its up out of the way and you really cant tell that its there. the only thing about the HD kit is that the cap does not fit the hole untill that shaft is out. so i just have a silver circle in the middle of my primary.

Old 10-17-2007 | 12:24 AM
JRK5892
Banned

I opened up my primary and got rid of the peg that sticks out... HD gives you this gay chrome push cap to fill the hole... I wish i would have left it in there so i have the option to swap back to mids w/o all the hastle... I like to change it up ever now and then... plus with the cafe idea i have been tossign around the mids are a must (just for the winter riding season) in the summer back to big bars and highways!