Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate to ask this, but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007 | 07:52 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Default RE: I hate to ask this, but...

you are suffering from classic buyers remorse it shall pass keep the bike, or you will regret it maybe not today or tomorrow but soon and for the rest of your life, thanks bogie
after all it is a harley[8D]

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:01 PM
Snakum
Cruiser

It's just buyers remorse ... keep it ... ride it ... or give to me and I'll ride it for you. Twins.

Old 10-15-2007 | 08:18 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

If you can just pay it off, do that and keep the bike, as stated already.
Get a good quality breathable cover and cover your baby.
I think you will stand a better chance of recouping you dollars next year, when the 09s come out.
You may have changed your mind by next spring, and decide to ride it, after all.

DougJ

Old 10-15-2007 | 09:21 PM
tdegroot
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

If you can just pay it off, do that and keep the bike, as stated already.
Get a good quality breathable cover and cover your baby.
I think you will stand a better chance of recouping you dollars next year, when the 09s come out.
You may have changed your mind by next spring, and decide to ride it, after all.

DougJ
I agree exactly, you need to think about this more.
Tom

Old 10-15-2007 | 09:46 PM
hogdad
Road Captain

Dude try and dump it. When you see how hard your going to slammed on the resale you'll make an almost immediate decision to either keep it and let the depriciation vs useage level out or you'll decide to just cut your losses and roll out of it. I paid 15900 for my 05 Electra glide classicwith 800 miles on it in May of this year. I too wanted to roll out of it. With 6000 miles on it now,Dealer offered me 12000 on a trade up ONLY. Would not consignment sale it at all. So in my garage it sits and in here on my desk is my credit union loan bookfor it. Love the bike but would like to free up the225 a month with Christmas coming up. Good luck either way,but try and sell it and see what you'll get offered and how you feel about the offers and the bike and MOST IMPORTANT- DO YOU STILL WANT TO RIDE??? IF YOU'VE LOST THE PASSION...BAIL BEFORE YOU GET HURT.

Old 10-15-2007 | 09:47 PM
Elginator
Road Captain

Picking out a bike can be like a fire in the belly. Now you havethe bikeand the fire is out. This happened to me, but the urge to ride comes back every year. You will get more moneyselling it in the spring anyway, so why not wait and ride it in April. If it does not give you a thrill, you can put it on the market then.

I made the mistake of thinking a bike was transportation. It's not, it's entertainment. If you want fun, keep the bike. If you don't want fun, you have a lot of priorities that need examining. Life without fun is not much different from death, IMHO.

ANOTHER THING... If you have enough money to pay off the loan, you should do so because it makes no sense to payhigh interest while your cash earns low interest. And if you ever do sell it, it's much easier if you hold the title.

Old 10-15-2007 | 10:02 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

First off not everyone is in love with Duracell paint so your market maybe somewhat limited Harley has no buy back program.List it for sale on Cycle trader and similar sites as this broadens your market. You may find some one who wants it and is willing to drive to get it. I would estimate you will loose between 10and 20% of purchase amount it all depends on how long you are willing to wait.If you can afford to payit off do so as themonthly intrest expense will just deepen your loss make sure you list it here.Im sure if any of us know a potential buyer we will send them your way. Last and probably your least likely optionis to talk to your dealer however anything he does he will want to make money off of. Make sure to let all freinds and relatives know its for sale and why you never know who they know.Good Luck
Great advice...I agree 110% on everything said.Post it for sale on here & on cycle trader. What's really against you the most is trying to sell it during this time of year...awful time to sell a bike. Best of luck anyway.

Old 10-16-2007 | 06:48 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

The best reason to use consignment is first off Dealer will get more buyers than you he is a Harley dealer thats what people come there for 2nd he can easily finance,insure,take trades,and warrantya new buyer people feel more comfortable when the dealer tells them you can bring it here. On a private sale all these arrangement have to be handled by your potential buyer (this can eliminate the impulse buyer) Just keep in mind he is not going to do it for free as posted expext 10-20% loss not counting TTL or add ons

Old 10-16-2007 | 07:24 AM
b5mac
Tourer

First off, if you have the money to pay off the loan, do that first. It will at least save you some money that would have gone to interest on the loan. Then you will have time to sell the bike. Like the others said, this is the worst time to sell. Wait until spring when riding fever hits again. Secondly, what made you buy the bike in the first place? If you bought itand now feel like it's too much bike for you, give it a chance, ride it some and you might change your mind again. I've known guys who bought big bikes and got worried that they were too powerful for them but after riding a while they were glad they bought it. Good luck!

Old 10-16-2007 | 10:30 AM
ionate
|
Road Captain

All great suggestions! Thanks a bunch. I believe it's a bit of buyer's remorse more than anything. Part of the buy would I talked about it with my wife and she was bummed that I was thinking about selling it.Ibelieve I'll continue with my planto use thegift card that I have from the dealership toat least do a Stage 1 upgrade, which probably the sound a lone afterwards will turn my thoughts around!

I really would like tokeep the bike because it has the much needed 6th gear that I was missing with my old sporty. I'll have to see what happens. THANKS to all!

Quick Reply: I hate to ask this, but...