Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wake up call today..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts
Default RE: Wake up call today..

ORIGINAL: pshawtx

ORIGINAL: Littleleroy

Headlight modulators/interrupters will make the cagers see you. First time out, I noticed all of the little old ladies stopping with a clearly puzzled look on their faces as I went by.
Could you tell me more about these?
There are lots of them out there. But this should give you the idea.

http://www.kriss.com/harleymod_info.htm

Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a woman in a van pull riht out in front of me yesterday. Good thing I was (for some unknown reason) only doing 35 mph in a 45 mph zone.
She HAD to see me when see pulled out. She sure saw my left hand, when it popped up!!
No she wasn't on a cell phone............. She had just come off I-81, and maybe was just in unfamiliar surroundings. Just glad she didn't decide to come straight at me.

I hate traffic areas (stop and go).............. Give me the challenge of dogs, dear, bear, cats, birds, racoons (you get the idea), anyday.

DougJ

Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 AM
jhmp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 'me me me' generations Are the Worst! Even if you're in a car/ truck backing out of a parking lot, people will whiz right behind you. They can't slow down for 5 seconds. Yesterday morning on my way to work, I'm run off the road in my truck! I had to pull into the median to avoid this *itch comin' at me.
Then I floor it to catch up to her, to see her expression. And she looks at Me like I'm a *ucking pest!!
What do you do?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
jgentle
Stage II

For what it's worth, a headlight modulator goes a long way in helping you be seen by the cagers. Several on the market now. Most just "plug and play" behind the headlight bulb in the housing. Mine has at least a couple of "saves" as I noticed when people about to turn stopped as they saw the flashing light versus the steady low beam. Jack

Old 10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Oldandslow
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Blaster

ORIGINAL: pshawtx

ORIGINAL: Littleleroy

Headlight modulators/interrupters will make the cagers see you. First time out, I noticed all of the little old ladies stopping with a clearly puzzled look on their faces as I went by.
Could you tell me more about these?
There are lots of them out there. But this should give you the idea.

http://www.kriss.com/harleymod_info.htm
I just ordered the headlight modulator and the brake light flasher. Thank you for the website address.

P.S. I never liked seeing the flashing headlight before but I'm a convert for in-town riding.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer

A couple years ago, I was at a 4 way stop in town. Not a lot of traffic, but usually a car or two at the crossroads. Anyway, when it was my turn, as I started into the intersection, I heard an engine starting to race in the distance to my right. I stopped in the intersection, just in case the guy might blow through the stop sign. Well, not only did he blow through it, he was accelerating all the way through! I just sat there in disbelief as the guy went right in front of me.there's no way he didn't know there was a 4 way stop, so he must have done it on purpose. I didn't get the shivers until a few blocks later...

Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Just had to post this one.A buddy of mine was ridding quite some time ago and this big SUV pulls out right in front of him and dam near stops. Hehit the brakes. Now I am not sure if some of you know or have heard about them but me and him have basically what some would call anti-lock brakes. There is a modulator that we bought and put on the brake callipers. It works great, locked up for just a second then released. He were able to get slowed up quickly. Well now he must go ask this women what the hell she was doing. Her response to him was, you had plenty of room to stop and if you did not then you should slow down. Now she is in her 50s or so, from the looks and the houseing area she came from, she is well off.In complete amazement he started to talk at her in a now not so polite volume, tone and words. She continued to look at him like who cares. So finally hetold here to watch what and where she was going and she told him to get a life and slow down. That was it. He asked here how she would explain the huge dent in here door to her husband, if she would say this is what happens when you pull out in front of a motorcycle and totally disrespect them. She looked at him and laughed and said there is no dent in my door. Seconds later there was a size 15 Harley Boot making that above referenced "dent" in her door. She looked at him, jaw on the ground and drove off. Carma, what a b!#%h

Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Oilslick
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cages are so comfortable now that drivers are somehow detached from reality. Almost as if they are playing a game.

Now, if they hadno glass, heating, air con, phone etc, it might wake em up a bit.

Or, how about making people complete a year on two wheels before being allowed in a car?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM
newridrnconcord
Cruiser

We've all got to remember that we're invisible...ride defensively!!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
pockets2000
Cruiser

Loud pipes do not save lives. They only **** people off and cause you to loose your hearing. Don't beleive it look up bernoulli effect on the internet. Science and proven theory cannot be ignored. Still dont beleive it pay attention next time you are in a car with the windows up and the radio on - you will not hear the loud motorcycle until it is going by you - too late. Back to the loud pipes pissing people off - it will cause motorcycles to be legislated out of operation. Greenwich Village CT already has outlawed motorcycles in the city limits. Loose the loud pipes and learn defensive riding. While you are at it look up the stats on motorcycle accidents. Most are single vehicle crashes - with drinking involved. Stay sober an wear a helmet.

Quick Reply: Wake up call today..