Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob controls?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Blackhorse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob controls?

Looked at the HD web site they they show forward controls, went to Pig Trail in Rogers AR today and they had a "not for sale" Fat Bob, didn't have forward controls. Salesmen said they were extra and had to be added? So, does the stock 08 Fat Bob had forward controls or not? Liked the bike by the way. Sat on everything in the place, this one has a lot of potential.
Blackhorse

Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fat Bob controls?

I though it was stock, but saw that mentioned somewhere in the forum.
The one I saw at Winchester HDhad forwards, so I just assumed they were stock.
I really thought I saw them advertized at HDs website as having forwards.

DougJ

Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

I am really interested in a fat Bob and have been talking to a dealer (will be doing a test ride in a week or so, they just got their first one in on Friday). THEY say that they can order a Fat Bob with either forward controls or "mid" controls (further back), and there is NO cost to ordering it either way. So try to ride one of each if you can. Buddy who works at the dealership is recommending I order FRONT controls and installing MID pegs-only, to have a change in riding positions on the road.
Gilly

In this gallery: http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newb...ion-RR-3-4.htm

Photo 2 is a fat Bob with mids, Photo 10 is front controls

Old 10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Blackhorse
Cruiser

That makes sense on the face of things. The salemen said the dealer had to add them. Probably an honest mistake. The mid controls is just too cramped for me. It would have to be the forward controls or nothing. Interesting idea about the mid pegs for a change of position, don't think I'd need that though. I have a Deuce now and for a change up I just strecth my legs out and rest my heels on the controls, that's been good enough.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:26 AM
jelk
Advanced

My factory installed fat bob forwards cost me $275. I had started a thread about that before also, I thought it should of been a $0 cost option but dealer said no way. I wasn't going to let it stop me from getting the bike (I love the forward controls on it) BUT I'm not done with it, I plan to write HD a letter about it. All the website info does NOT show the controls costing extra either way and shows the forwards as stock.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Gilly
Road Captain

Jelk, it just "reeks" of the dealer covering the fact that yours came with mids and they decided to install forwards. Can you try to look where the mids would mount (unsure if this is the engine or tabs on the frame), see if it looks like mids were once there (marred paint or aluminum).
The website doesn't mention one way or the other being "stock", you have a choice, and no price mentioned in the pricing section. I just hate it when dealers pull this kind of crap, just be honest and let the buyer know what you did. I mean "assuming" the dealer is BSing you. The dealer I am dealing with on one I trust, I'll try to remember to call and ask about it, but pretty sure I did once already and they said it's my choice if I order the bike.
Gilly

Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I really like that red color in this gallery, looks good !

Old 10-14-2007, 01:12 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Fat Bob can be ordered with mids or forwards—no price difference. If it came with mids and the dealer isswitchingit to forwards for some reason, they are probably trying to charge for it. Their issue—you shouldn't have to pay.If they don't have the version you want in stock, order one, or try another dealer.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
jelk
Advanced

Yes, agree. Mine came out of the crate with forwards and dealer still added an up charge for forward controls. Problem was that i didn't want to walk away from the deal because of $275 and the dealer swears it's a factory charge on the bike. Only thing I could do was move on and take the issue up with HD directly. Doubt if I get a response from them.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what gives with these dealers???

My local dealer said the mid-controlswere standard and the forwards were extra.
Today I took a run to another dealer a couple of hours away and sat on a FatBob with forward controls. The salesman there told me the forward controls were the same price. ...Said he could order either one at the same price.

It's an awesome looking bike and I'm still thinking of getting one in the Spring but this dealer (info-crap) bugs me.

Spring??...maybe it'll be under my tree at Christmas!

Quick Reply: Fat Bob controls?