Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob controls?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Blackhorse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob controls?

I'll call Pig Trial HD tomorrow if they are open, and boucne this off of them again and post the results
Blackhorse

Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in some cases, it is an honest mistake on the dealers part, and they are misunderstanding HD.
The WG was the only Dyna that came standard with forwards up until now, and I don't think we ever had a choice before on other models, without an additional charge.

DougJ

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
bgbdbrwn
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my bike through ENCS a program that AAFES has in place for deployed serviceman/women...The forward / mid control thing is a factory option and can be ordered either way at no additional cost. If theres a cost involved, the dealer is adding it on their own behalf....just my two cents!.......

Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

While I think I am sticking with my mids on my lowrider, despite the looks of them, I honestly think the Fat-Bob one of the few Harleys that actually looks better with mids than forwards. I think if you can take a ride on the mids and stick some highway pegs on if you need them that would seem to be the better choice. I'm still convinced most people convince themselves they need forwards because they like the looks better, not the ride. This seems like a non-issue with the fat bob, the mids just look right on it IMHO. Honestly, after riding forwards for years, I am still not quite used to the mids, I have taken to flipping up my highway pegs in town to "train" myself off them. I would just suggest, if they are the same price, or you might even be saving money, give them a chance.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 AM
DWGMan
Cruiser

Ok, here's the skinny on the "Dealership" issues... Most dealerhsips receive stock from H-D based on their previous sales. Those that do this sale their bikes via consignment, they don't own them. Now you get into the large dealerships like Rossmeyer, Adventure, etc... They own their bikes, buy them outright from the factory, these dealerships charge extra for those rides that don't have forward controls form the start. So, check with your dealership, if they are an honest dealership they'll tell you if they own their bikes or not.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 AM
ZChan
Cruiser

I've been trying to get the same bike. The controls are available as mids or forward for no additional price. The salesmen usually know very little about every bike.Using this forum and other sources, like theHD website and brochures from the dealer,will give you more knowledge and a better chance to get what you want (deserve?). I rode it at a couple of Demo Days and IWANT IT NOW!I found a few red and denim, but I think I got a line on one in Dark Blue Pearl. In about 2 weeks. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM
ericthom57
6th Gear

Went to my favorite dealership and they had three Fat Bobs...two with foot forward controls and one with mid. They come both ways. I drove out with a Crimson Denim, foot-forward controls. And damn, I love it!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
cigarman
Cruiser

I the most recent "Enthusiast" magazine there is an article (and cover photo) on the Fat Bob. It says that it is the first HD that comes with either--factory installed, not an after-mod. I didn't re-read it but my impression was that they cost the same.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

I bought my Fat Bob w/mids over a month ago, and it is not even slated to ship until Jan 11, 2008............[:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(], not that it would do me any good if it were here. Got over a foot of snow last weekend......[&:][&:][&:]I love this bike! I traded in my 1200N for it. I got the tach/speedo brushed aluminum combo, SE slip ons, Stage 1 A/C w/ ECM download(will dyno at the first service 1k miles) S2 Grips, Slotted control levers, Split vision mirrors, LED gas cap, Fender spear, Detachable sissy bar for when the wife wants to ride only!, and Highway pegs. I am thinking I am gonna get her running boards so I do not have to clean her melted boots off my pipes anymore...lol

Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

That makes sense on the face of things. The salemen said the dealer had to add them. Probably an honest mistake. The mid controls is just too cramped for me. It would have to be the forward controls or nothing. Interesting idea about the mid pegs for a change of position, don't think I'd need that though. I have a Deuce now and for a change up I just strecth my legs out and rest my heels on the controls, that's been good enough.
Not an honest mistake - just honest ignorance. They should know their product better than that. The Fat Bob IS the first Harley Davidson that can be ordered from the factory with mid or forward controls with NO difference in the price. However, I don't see any reason you could not put forwards on a stock mid controls bike. I put Kuryakyn forwards on my bike and they don't require removal of any mid-shift components within the primary. So, if/when I ever sell or trade my bike, I'm not limiting my buyers to forward controls only and shutting out someone that loves the bike but needs mid controls. You also have the ability to put the mid pegs back on for alternate foot position but I, like you, have no need for that.