Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windvest

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 09:12 PM
SERB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windvest

Is anyone running a Windvest or similar "sport windshield" on their bike, and does it make any kind of difference. I am not really interested in any of the larger windshields, though or headlight visors. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2005, 10:46 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts
Default RE: Windvest

ORIGINAL: SERB

Is anyone running a Windvest or similar "sport windshield" on their bike, and does it make any kind of difference. I am not really interested in any of the larger windshields, though or headlight visors. Thanks!
I run without as much as I can, but the ol' bones talk me into one after a couple weeks without. The small sport types ain't to insulate you, but they do a good job of keeping enough of the wind off your trunk to extend your range, and especially comfort.

I have a Slip Streamer that I run during the summer. It is a small one and mounts directly to the handle bars. Easily adjustable, easily removed. It keeps the wind from battering me and allows me to ride as long as my butt can handle.

During the winter I used to run the stock Heritage windshield, tho it was a cut down version. It broke and I replaced it with a QD Memphis Fats. I'm not at all impressed with Fats QD mounting brackets. They are aluminum and would require lotsa polishing whenever they'd get water spotted. I painted the brackets to match the bike. For the price, the dang things orter be stainless steel.

I've seen a Windvest on a local Gilroy Indian Scout. Looked pretty substantial and was small enough that it didn't detract too much from the bike.

When I decide to replace the somewhat cheezy Fats mounts, it'll be with the genuine HD QD system. Might be pricey, but it looks good, is easily detached without tools, and you can easily modify the windshields to have several of 'em for different seasons and looks. Combined with the ability to use the Slip Streamer when I want, it'll be the best of all worlds - none, small, full size.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:25 AM
SERB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input Skip. The smaller windshield sounds like what I am looking for. I cant believe they want 300 clams for a Windvest, though! Well, it is for a Harley....

Anyone else?

Old 02-14-2005, 01:24 AM
BillyV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy just got windvest with the easy on/off hardware for $145.00 on eBay!
I think I might even get one for theat price...
Although I may never use it... but maybe?