Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall Super Glide riders?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 07:37 PM
Psycho
Road Master
Default RE: Tall Super Glide riders?

6'1" and enjoyed mine when I had it. Forward controls are a must at your height. I switched out regularly with other riders, and one of my friends at 6'6" claimed my superglide with forward controls was more comfortable for him than his road king.

Old 10-13-2007 | 05:00 PM
pemdas
|
Intermediate

Thanks guys. Great forum. I put a deposit on a Super Glide today. I'm gonna start with highway pegs and the stock seat. I'll add to it as money permits.

Thanks again forall the helpful info -- looking forward tobeing part ofthis forum ...

Old 10-13-2007 | 08:41 PM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member

I'm 6' and about 210. I have the mids on my FXDC and added an engine guard with highway pegs. It's nice to have the options. I went from a '99 1200C with forwards to my FXDC and have been nothing short of amazed at how nimble it is with feet on the mids. At the same time, with feet on the highway pegs, the ride is as smooth as glass.
Good luck in your selection and most of all, enjoy your ride.

Old 10-13-2007 | 11:35 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Psycho

6'1" and enjoyed mine when I had it. Forward controls are a must at your height. I switched out regularly with other riders, and one of my friends at 6'6" claimed my superglide with forward controls was more comfortable for him than his road king.
I'll second this Psycho, with the forwards on my Glide it is way more comfy than my buddies Road King ever could be. Being 6'7" I get alot of "I thought you would have a bigger bike" comments, but my Glide fits me well with the extended forwards.

Old 10-14-2007 | 06:47 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: pemdas

Thanks guys. Great forum. I put a deposit on a Super Glide today. I'm gonna start with highway pegs and the stock seat. I'll add to it as money permits.

Thanks again forall the helpful info -- looking forward tobeing part ofthis forum ...
Highway pegs should do the trick for you, and they are a lot easier to add than forward controls. I'm 6'1" and highway pegs made all the difference for me.

Old 10-14-2007 | 12:42 PM
Y2KFXDman
Advanced

I'm with dynageezer and Royce. Keep the mids for action, add front pegs with or without engine guard. When I am using the front pegs, the heels of my size 12s can still brake and shift.

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:08 PM
dynasty
Tourer

same here. bought 08 SUperglide and immediately installed forward controls. still looking at seats as i don't like the look or feel of the tallboy. forward controls made a huge difference though and i love the bike. good luck

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:30 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

I'm 6'1" and ran the mid-controls for about a 1-1/2 year, switched to forward this past winter and would not go back to mids.
I had highway pegs on the engine guard with the mids and I was always moving my feet back and forth. With the forwards I hardly use the highway pegs on the engine guard now.

My $0.02.

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:37 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

IMO, the best "tall-person's" bike in the Dyna family without a doubt is the Super Glide Custom. I feel like I can stretch out on it even more than the wide glide, which I've already ridden as well & didn't feel as comfortbale on as my FXDC. Forget about the Street Bob...felt like my knees were alongside my jaws & I'm only 6'! Sit ona Super Glide Customafter sitting on the a few others...you'll see what I mean. Just my 2 cents...

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:54 PM
iwant1
Tourer

6'6" and lanky.
Have tried the Mids, forwards and extended forwards along with the tallboy seat and the stocker.

I did a lot of research before buying, and the distance from the front of the seat position diagonally down to theforward controls (if they were fitted where they aren't out of the factorylike the SG) was virtually the same for all of the 06 Dynas and Softail standards. I'm presuming that hasn't changed with 07's and 08's.

A superglide with extended forwards is all you need. I don't use the tallboy seat becuase I don't like how it moves you up a bit.

Quick Reply: Tall Super Glide riders?