Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Bars on StBob

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
stanleyc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crash Bars on StBob

Thanks for your opinions, i'm leaning towards not doing it, what's killing me is the thought of going down. They say........ you guys say........ it'll happen sooner or later, might have to cross my fingers. JACKYL your bike is absolutely gorgeous, and the bars look fine with your Back and Chrome, nice job ! Thanks everybody

(picture removed. way too big stan)

Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not a big fan of them myself....but it's not my bike...that being said... if you went the beach-bar bagger route...they'd probably look best...like jakyl said.."look's better w/bags".... definately makes the bike look "bigger" and more 'accessorised"..looks a lil' weird to me w/ apes....pffft..what do i know?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just put a Lindby bar on my Low Rider. I like it. Getting chaps/lowers for it to use in the rain & cold. Also adding the side mount highway pegs in addition to the top of the bar foot rests. Much more streamlined than the rounder HD ones. Also called a moustache bar, so now I can give moustache rides.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/SANY0004.jpg

Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Born to be riled
Novice

Agree with most of the above.
I don't think they look great on the Street Bob but balance that with protection and in my opinion they are a worthwhile investment.
I watched 2 people drop their bikes in 2 weeks so I fit them on my SB. Sure enough, first time out I up-ended the bike at the gas station and the only damage was a minor scratch to the Derby cover. Without the bars I honestly believe the damage would have been major.

AVOID GREASY GAS STATION FLOORS!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 PM
gnip
Cruiser

If your worried about going down, go get on a dirt bike and get it over with. Otherwise take some safety courses and try to prevent it from happening. Theres nothing wrong with someone joining the ranks of motorcyclists...Just take some time and develop your skills. HD is not a Volvo.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I don't like the looks of the bar on my WG, but like a helmet, I like the protection it offers. I've had safety and advanced rider courses. I'm aware and cautions when I ride. What I can't control is some a$$hole parking too close and/or dropping his bike and knocking mine over. So the bars stay, for now. It's a compromise I can live with.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Luther OBanion
Cruiser

I have a SB and I have the Harley brand egine gaurd. I like it because of the extra distance for Hw pegs. also it has saved the tank and other parts from road rash and the paint shop. Cheap investment for the protection.
Would send photo's, no computer hook-up except at work and very strict with intenet use.

06 SB
Cobalt Blue
Rush slip-on's
Detachable Bags and windshield.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
twofish
Road Master

Safety, Comfort, Looks.
It’s a tough to get all three to work together.
Not much help I know, it’s a battle for sure.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got'em, and like'em.
Had them installed before the bike ever left the stealer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16850/6A29595853664424A8822670A6F7C2F5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Stanger
Road Master

I have the same basic set Jakyl has and like him the comfort is well worth it. I know, I know, they do not fit the "Street Bob", but I will take comfort over looks anyday. I have mine painted flat black so they kinda disappear into the bike and are not as noticeable you could say. Of course my Bob is denim black so that help there, but I also have bags and a windshield also not known as "Street Bob" equipment and I respect that statement from others, but remember the bike is yours, not someone elses so do as you want, be an individual and follow what you want, not what others do. Some will like it, some will not, as long as you do for what ever reason is all that you should really care about. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Quick Reply: Crash Bars on StBob