Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Installation

I am looking to install Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes on my 2007 Low Rider using the V&H Fuelpak and a high flow air filter. According to the V&H website you don't need dyno tuning just plug in their numbers on the Fuelpak and you are set to go. Has anyone done this mod recently and how has the bike run? Any backfiring or popping? I would save about $350 if I don't need the bike dynoed. Your comments would be appreciated.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vance and Hines Installation

I can't vouch for the FuelPak, but $350 for a dyno tune?! Does it come with KY?

FWIW, FuelMoto does the same thing with the PCIII's they sell. They configure them for your bike's setup and you should be good to go upon installation. Several here have bought them and seem to like them so I can't see any reason why the FuelPak would be any different. Give it a whirl and let us know.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The local Harley does not have a dyno, yet they just built a 3 story 2million dollar building. I guess the clothing business is booming. The shop I deal with is a small custom chopper place that has the best service around but at a price. They quote $350 for the dyno tuning.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
up in minot
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little popping on decel. Nothing big. If it does bother you that much, you can change a few values, that they'll give you (you'll have to call or email them though), and it should go away. I recently did the Fuelpak, and it installs and works as or better than advertised...

Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Muddyape
Road Master

I ran the Fuelpak on my 07 Sportster with V&H Short Shots and SE a/c and now on my 07 Street bob with V&H Short Shots and S&S a/c. Both bikes ran/run great. No backfiring or popping. Some guys dont like them (not sure why, either theyve never used them or had a problem with installation) I ve got both of mine in the bikes with no probems at all. Once installed the programming is super easy and would recommend the fuelpak to anyone whos only interested in the stage 1 upgrade. If looking to do motorwork beyond the a/c and pipes, it is not for you.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
up in minot
Road Captain

Has anyone tried the Fuelpak after doing motor work? I have it installed, and when looking at thier web site, I noticed it states different (higher than stock) engine sizes. I would think it would work, but you'd just have to get a different code. Is this correct? Does anyone know for sure? I keep seeing people posting this, but haven't seen any reason why it wouldn't work...

Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Sal C
Cruiser

Fuelpak on my ride. Stock 96 cu in motor. I do know that their instructions included settings for larger/smaller engines. I put on the K&N a/c, HS slipon mufflers from V&H, and finally got the fuelpac in and calibrated in about 5 hrs the nite before wife and I were ready to take off for a 3 day trip. Everything went fine, and nothing fell off! Been on for 3K miles now....no problem

[IMG]local://upfiles/34121/78D22035FE824D11B579D6AF159D7747.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are doing a stage one only...any of the EFI tuners will do fine, and should not require a dyna tune. I use the TFI/DFO. Now if you are doing more, or plan to do more than stage one, I would recomend the SERT.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

What's your reasoning behind getting the dyno or the sert if you do anything other than the stage 1. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what the reasons are. I ask because V&H's says you can use the Fuelpak with other engine upgrades besides the basic stage 1 stuff...i.e; bigger engine, cam work, etc.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
ickmak
Advanced

where did you did you get your s&s a/c? do you just have the cover or the whole setup. I would like that on my bob so please let me know thanks bud

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Installation