Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR HORN, GOTTA GET ONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:43 AM
6165hd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR HORN, GOTTA GET ONE!!!

Well, I may not have the Loudest Pipes on the market, so I decided to pump up the volume with some air horns.
Not sure what to go with,,, Hd's are loud, but disapointed by the plastic cover.etc. Maybe Howards??

Really getting pissed by Cagers that are not paying attention, and need a wake up call, if you know what i mean. I just considering it another safety measure.

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AIR HORN, GOTTA GET ONE!!!

I had a Howard's, loud but a little high pitched for my taste. It was fun to put my hand over the air horn and make it wail. Do a search on Stebel. What you will find is Stebel makes the HD horn and several other aftermarket horns. So before you invest over $100 for the same horn and a fancy cover check out the guts.

You can buy a compact Stebel exactly like the HD version for about $25 -$50. It even comes with the relay which you MUST use. The biggest problem is mounting the damn thing. It's compact but it won't fit under the cowbell. If you have room, you can separate the horn from the compressor and hide the compressor. There is also one made by Wolo that looks exactly the same.

Try these:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2757

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/M...e=STEBEL_HORNS

This one details how to wire and separate the horn from the compressor on a sport bike. Would be easy to hide either one under the cow bell.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6...n-install.html

This will take you directly to the Stebel site where you can hear the sound.

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2007.htm

I really liked the compact truck horn but I heard they had problems with them. Very important to mount the compressor vertically.

Hope all that helps. In any case don't spend $100+ unless you just like to waste $

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Bassman
Road Master

ORIGINAL: txgeezer

You can buy a compact Stebel exactly like the HD version for about $25 -$50. It even comes with the relay which you MUST use. The biggest problem is mounting the damn thing. It's compact but it won't fit under the cowbell. If you have room, you can separate the horn from the compressor and hide the compressor.
This one details how to wire and separate the horn from the compressor on a sport bike. Would be easy to hide either one under the cow bell.
I separated the compact Stebel horn from the compressor and mounted the compressor to the front frame by the right highway peg (painted the compressor black, look real close at my sig pic and you can see it) and mounted the horn under the cowbell ran a fuel line between the two. I have been running this set up for a few months and it works great. Really wakes up the cagers also.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

Thanks for the money saving feedback!!! Really appriciated!!! The Compressor looks exactly like the HD version at a 1/3 rd of the cost.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
txgeezer
Tourer

That's not bad Bassman. I was hoping I could mount it under the seat but no room there. The Howard Horn I had on my old Softail pretty much hid the compressor under the cow bell and the horn part stuck out.

Looked OK but way to high pitched. I agree on the Stebel, it will wake the dead.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:30 AM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Removed post wrong spot[8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 06:28 PM
shellyjackson
Banned

Check out www.metalartsinc.com. They make air horns that are 130 decibels that have the compressor and everything in one unit that bolts to your existing horn bracket. They also have several really cool custom covers. I see lots of people standing in line at the bike rallies to get them installed but you can do it yourself really easy. I did, and I am a girl.