Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE HTTC PORTED HEADS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005 | 12:45 PM
4sporty
|
Intermediate
Default SE HTTC PORTED HEADS

are there any who has experience whit the SE HTTC PORTED HEADS for dyna 06 thinking of doing a full tune up.
sorry my english ( from denmark )

Old 12-08-2005 | 01:38 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Default RE: SE HTTC PORTED HEADS

I have plenty of experience with the HTTC's what do you need to know? Do you already have them installed and need help getting the bike running? Or are you just asking general questions about them?

Old 12-08-2005 | 01:59 PM
4sporty
|
Intermediate

just got my street bob and wants more power thinking of:

95inch
211/251/257 cams
pushrods
tappets
ported htcc heads and pistons
supertrapp or SE slip-fit torque muf.
whants low power not high rev.

hope you can guide me to the right combination.

Old 12-08-2005 | 03:29 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

Are we all stuck on screamin eagle cams here? There really are only 2 SE grinds worth getting, otherwise if power and torque are a main concern, aftermarket does offer a much better alternative.

HTTC heads have a very unique combustion chamber head where they have mulitple squich band angles, HTTC heads can work pretty well, but I still highly favor sending out stock heads for portwork. Sending out your heads for portwork garentees:

A. Exact Head CC chamber volume(which is important if you want to dial in your CR) with properly set and blueprinted spring heights,valve to valve clerance set.
B. Proper setup of springs and retainers for the cam you choose to use
C. Higher quality springs,valves,guides and seals.
D. Better flowing(port velocity and cfm flow)heads again setup around cams of your choice

And many times you end up saving some money. SE heads many times have very sloppy tolerances, I have found large discrapencies in cc volume from head sets, many times, the valves dont give a perfect seal due to sloppy uneven valve seats,spring heights not set evenly etc.

Old 12-08-2005 | 05:23 PM
4sporty
|
Intermediate

i was also thinking of geting my stock heads ported it did a good thing to my sportster ( 103 hp rear wheel ).
but what about cams are there other than SE on the market for the 06 dyna.
i would like to get 90-95hp and a monster torque 120ftp on the wheel is it posible or not.
what about exhaust i like the look of the SE torque slip fit but do they cut it? maybee supertrapp 2 into 1.

Old 12-08-2005 | 05:32 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: 4sporty

i was also thinking of geting my stock heads ported it did a good thing to my sportster ( 103 hp rear wheel ).
but what about cams are there other than SE on the market for the 06 dyna.
i would like to get 90-95hp and a monster torque 120ftp on the wheel is it posible or not.
what about exhaust i like the look of the SE torque slip fit but do they cut it? maybee supertrapp 2 into 1.
Be aware that ANY cam that will fit a 99' to 05' twin cam engine will also fit your engine. They made a few technical revisions, but thats all. Top performing grinds I prefer are Woods, Andrews and S&S grands. If your looking for tq as the main cosideration, you at grinds like the Woods TW-6HG, TW-5HG,S&S 570, S&S 585,Andrews 37g,44g, or grinds similiar in profile.

A favorite build is going with the Woods TW-6HG with headwork setup to give about 10.5:1 CR. With good headwork and a decent set of exhaust pipes you will get about 100hp and around 110tq, and the powerband will come on strong at 2000rpms and pull well up to around 6000. Getting 120 foot pounds of tq from a 95 will be very difficult. Hitting around 110 though is a reasonable goal and can be achieved if your smart on the parts combination.

Old 12-10-2005 | 09:17 PM
4sporty
|
Intermediate

hello again which pistens would you recommend if i did the 95" and ported my stock heads ,does SE make some with high CR ( 10,5 )
thanks for the good info.

Old 12-10-2005 | 09:34 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Go to nallinracing.com

They will sell you a set of Axtell cylinfers with domed pistons which will put you at 97 cuvic inches, and they can do all the head work. The do ALOT of work on sportsters, but also have experience with Twin Cams(at least i heard).

Go check it out! Might as well go 97.......HTCC heads are WAY too expensive, IMHO..............[&:]

P.S. Is it cold in Denmark?

joe
[&:]

Old 12-10-2005 | 09:40 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

Porting you stock heads and using a 95" cylinder with iron liners I would recommend a KB piston most likely. If your using a one piece aluminum cylinder from Axtell or Millenium then I would use a forged piston. Most likely CP as the top braqnd choice.

A 0 deck flat top piston based on stock chamber size will get you in the 9.7:1 range. And compression can be bumped up depending on head gasket, and final cc chamber of the reworked heads. You can also go to a dometop piston to bump compression too. I can't make any recommendation on what the overall best combo would be in your application until I know the cam your using. ANd you can should be matched up to your riding style.

Old 12-10-2005 | 09:44 PM
4sporty
|
Intermediate

it is not so cold here now -4 celcius.
wount go bigger than 95" also wants a motor i can rely on for many years

Quick Reply: SE HTTC PORTED HEADS