Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wish I hadn't.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
larazauk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wish I hadn't.........

I relocated the turn signals to the forks on my Bob and now really hate the way they stick out so far so am changing them back.

It got me thinking though, what changes have you guys made to your Dyna and then REALLY wish you hadn't?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: I wish I hadn't.........

I did the same thing, Got the hd kit which stuck out to far and looked like poop! So I got a kit from jpcycles and much better... Check into them you may like them better!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kuryakyn has a kit that fits the 49mm forks that doesn't stick out so far. Part number is 2287.
You'll have to get a couple 5/16-24 x 3/4button head screws to match the holes in the lights and somejam nuts with the same thread.The screws that come with the kit are 5/16-18 to work with their Silver Bullet lights. I don't believe the kit Naz has will fit49mm forks

Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like many have done this front turn signal relocation and regreted it. Put them on, hated them immediately.
So I fabbed up some of my own parts to take 2" off the length on each side (4" total) , and I still think they stick out too far. When I have time, I'll make shorter bolts to bring them right up to the fork edge.

My only other regret was not getting the QD sissy bar uprights, as I tend to ride mostly solo, (wife will only take short rides). I got the pillion seat for her, added it onto the original seat, now searching for a comfortable solo seat to switch back and forth, it's only one screw, ( yes, I'll need an extra, and have the second screwon the top of the fender, but I'm willing to live with that).

With that being said, I didn't save anything buying the non QD sissy bar uprights.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
cstolp
Road Captain

I bought the HD quick release windshield and sure wished I had bought a memphis fats instead!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:21 AM
theoldguy
Tourer

Ditto on the windshield.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

I bought some clear turn signal lens and didn't like the look of them, itlookedlike ones on a metric bike or something. Put the old ones back on and sold the clear ones here on the forum.

Everything else has been good.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cstolp

I bought the HD quick release windshield and sure wished I had bought a memphis fats instead!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the QD windshield that I hated so much, but after a couple months of modifications and cutting, it finally does the job I wanted it to do. (actually with some ideas from this forum, some not)
Might not be thebest lookingwindshiled on the block, but it sure does do the job I originally wanted it to do.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
DYJ
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't really liked my skull collection tear drop mirrors since I got em, They looked much better in the cattalog

Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 AM
doulos
Cruiser

I got the h-d turn signal relocation kit because Ididn't and still don't like the looks of the signals on the bars but after I had them a while I almost wished I hadn't until I replaced them with kuryakyn fork mounts. Much, much better. I financed the oem kit with my bike. What a waste!!!

I also bought an h-d layback licence plate mount. It wasn't too bad but I wish had spent the money on a side mount instead. Still have it if someone wants it. Just pay for shipping.

Lastly I got the rear turn signal relocation kit for detatchable side plates. Looked about as sh1tty as relocating them to the fender. I completely removed them and now just use the kuryakyn panecea taillight with integrated turn signals.

Quick Reply: I wish I hadn't.........