Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wish I hadn't.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I wish I hadn't.........

I haven't messed with the front signals yet. I have however,... bought a set of leather saddle bags, which ruined the paint on my fender, which caused me to buy a set of easy brackets and convert the bags to detachables, then added a luggage rack, and bagger shocks.Then I decided I liked the clean stripped down look of a real bobber so I removed all the above luggage crap and chopped off my fender.The chopped fender looks ridicules with the bagger shocks so my stock 12" Bob shocks are going back on when I put it back together.Oh I almost forgot I'm relocating my rear signals from the part of the fender that I chopped off back to the fender rail where they came from.And I do occasionally think about putting my stock mini apes back on just for fun.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
remipmc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far no regrets, most of the stuff i removed from the bike i don't ever plan on putting back on. i purchased a goodson air cleaner, z bars, and VH sideshots online for less than retail. i also got a good deal on a brand new 2 up HD seat through craigslist (40 bucks for a seat that was $300 retail).
i had to buy the quick detach sissy bar, but was not told about the need to relocate the rear turn signals. so i am taking my time on deciding which route i want to go for rear turn signals, but i def need them. i think im gonna just lose the front signals, i never ran them on my sporty. other than that, no other mods planned.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:34 PM
remipmc
Advanced

oh yeah, i also need to run my handlebar wires internally. i didnt want to commit until i was certain about the z bars. i may hold out for some chubby z bars if i can find them.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
stanleyc
Advanced

Everybody, check out my photobucket pics, there's pic of my bike before and after i put on the HD relocate front sig. I ran the wires through handlebars, spent money, and i think i liked it better before, not trying to steal your post, tell me what you think ? http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/stanleyc19/

Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Bought a Sundowner after hearing so many people rave about it. Friggin' hated that seat, looked like chit on my bike and pushed me too far forward. Got lucky and sold it to another forum member who is very happy with it. My HD front signal kit is *** too. Gonna try another kit pretty soon, just got busy with other mods and it don't look to horrible since I have a fork bag in between them right now.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Bought almost the entire skull collection, just to realize that it didn't go with the look I was going for. Replaced it all and sold all of the skull parts on ebay. Other than that I have been really happy with the work I have done so far.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like everything I did to my bike, but I keep changing things around. The regret I have is buying the bike where I did. Wish I had bought it from the local dealer............ The folks are great and very helpful. Always giving me a break on parts, and ocassionally not even charging me for nuts and bolts. Anyway, thats my regret, but I know where the next Harley will be purchased.
Iput togethermy own setup when I moved my TS to the forks. Housing just about touches the fork tube. I do keep moving them up and down on the forks, though.
Oh yeah, the other regret that I have really changed the bike............... dropped it on the left side at about 2 mph, bu I guess that is a change I didn't planouch $$$$$$$$$$$

Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 AM
larazauk
Tourer

Good to know I'm not alone!
But.... I've just done it again this weekend[:@]

Bought a pair of black Ness rad III mirrors (larger size ones) got home put them on and they look really crap!

Any body that's tempted DON'T DO IT!! guess I won't be able to sell them on this forum now