Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mag wheels on a Street Bob!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 AM
CRCRFT78
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag wheels on a Street Bob!!

I'd like to put somemag wheels (13 spoke)on my Street Bob. Anyone ever do this swap or have info on what it would take to make this happen? Also, what year cast wheels you may have used. I've got the chance to pick up some 2003 mags and the dealerships are NO help. THANKS!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Mag wheels on a Street Bob!!

hi,do you mean Mag wheels or cast like on an FXD.
Cheers,Graham

Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley went to a 1" front axle in 2004 - so you have an issue there - need to change bearings.
I believe the rear wheel off a 2003 is smaller (both in diameter and width) so you will max out your rear tire size at 16x150.
Maybe more issues?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM
CRCRFT78
Stage IV

I want to put on a set of cast (13 spoke) FXDX wheels.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi,Might be easier & cost no more to look for ( Ebay ? )a set cast 10 spoke wheels off an 06/07FXD/FXDL
Cheers,Graham.
ORIGINAL: CRCRFT78

Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Treasure
Advanced

Mine are cast 5 spoke HD wheels that the dealer orderd...not sure what they orederd....but they got the chrome spacer kit....we did the 180 WT kit....and then I sent the wheels off for black denim powder coat before we threw them on.......so make your dealer do his home work...there are at least three cast HD wheels that you can make work.

good luck

Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CRCRFT78

I'm guessing the FXDX wheels have some black accents to them - not totally black - would look good on a Bob (as in fact the Bob replaced the FXDX in 2006).
You will have the issues that I mentioned - and personally I don't think they make the swap very attractive. You will need new front bearings, a new rear tire, and perhaps some new spacers for the rear wheel. All this and you will be limiting the rear tire max size to something less than the Bob can handle. Too much effort for not enough return.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Atomic Injector
Cruiser

How about these.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/434958057.html

Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Treasure
Advanced

Not to contradict Glide05 but the wheels we threw on my SB were the exact same front and rear as the spokers.....I don't believe there were any bearing changes.....they just used the standard dyna chrome spacer kit.....did have to buy a new floater rotor for the front wheel......and again I've got the SE 180 wide tire. To clarify each one of the five spokes splits off into 2 as they go toward the outer rim......dunno if that helps......and while its not the coolest wheel out there it looks pretty damn good in black demin for the price I paid......everything including the powder coatwas waaaayyyy less than on PM wheel.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Treasure

Not to contradict Glide05 but the wheels we threw on my SB were the exact same front and rear as the spokers.....I don't believe there were any bearing changes.....they just used the standard dyna chrome spacer kit.....did have to buy a new floater rotor for the front wheel......and again I've got the SE 180 wide tire. To clarify each one of the five spokes splits off into 2 as they go toward the outer rim......dunno if that helps......and while its not the coolest wheel out there it looks pretty damn good in black demin for the price I paid......everything including the powder coatwas waaaayyyy less than on PM wheel.
So you put the front wheel off a 2003 FXDX on a 2006+ FXDB with no bearing change??????
That was the original question that was posted. This is not possible without a bearing change - 2003 and older have 3/4" axle, 2004 and later have 1" front axle.

Quick Reply: Mag wheels on a Street Bob!!