Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gas tanks

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
mmontgomery
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas tanks

Thanks for all the responses. So no softtail models will work? Mostly softtail tanks on ebay I noticed.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to make the change. The Street Bob and the Lowrider share the same tank, The trim is different. I bought tins from eBay, just keep watching. The speedometer is the same for all three models (Superglide, Street Bob, & Lowrider), just use your Superglide one. Get a Harley Parts Catalog it makes the research much simpler.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I will eventually go with Dokata Digital heads up" mirrors. This setup puts everything in the mirrors.
I like the FXD fuel tank with the filler in the center.
Fo now, I'll just keep looking and dreaming.

DougJ

Old 09-27-2007, 08:26 PM
mmontgomery
Intermediate

Stewbeezer, Ive got the harley catalog but Im not seeing any of the parts im looking for, my speedo is on the bars so all my idiot lights are there also. Im curious if I move them on the tank console what about wiring harness, key switch, will all that be a reroute or whats involved?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
mmontgomery
Intermediate

Ok, I just checked those part numbers on surdyke harley davidson out of festus missouri some of the parts are cheaper, ordering and waiting is a drag, but if its cheaper!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mmontgomery, the key switch stays where it is unless you go to wide glide or custom style dash.If you move the idiot lights to the console harley has the harnesses in the parts book, if you are handy with tools you could rework the stock mount and leave them there or buy the Lowrider handlebar clamp. I'm leaning toward the Street Bob dash with a custom finish and I'll move the idiot lights there. The harness assemblies are on page 103.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
myknailsun
Intermediate

I switched all my superglide tank and riser stuff for under $150 bucks(not counting Bars) with stuff off of E-bay,I bought a street bob tank for $235 and sold my old one for $280, Speedometer, idiot lights and trip switch snap right into the streetbob console (with all extre stuff installed) just pulled cable down into console fit great! you can use your same speedometer,

Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 PM
mmontgomery
Intermediate

Hey myknailsun thats what what I have in mind! can I get the console in chrome? my favorite color!

Old 09-29-2007, 01:33 AM
myknailsun
Intermediate

the only color it comes in is wrinkle black,but im sure if you find a chrome shop they could do it

Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dazza

I am taking my 07 FXDL tank off and repacing with FXWG set up. I may consider selling the whole set up minus the fuel pump as I will re use it
the risers and idiot lights will be included. The downside for you US guys is that I am in Australia. Tank is black pearl and in faultless condition
I don't get it... that was one of my favourite things about the FXDL

Quick Reply: gas tanks