Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn front signal relocate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kuryakyn front signal relocate?

A few days agoI created a post regarding my dealer's half-assed install of the HD front signal relocation kit where they left the wires hanging out instead of running them inside the bracket as designed. My first thought was I would just take it back and make them do it right. Then I saw some responses about using a kit that locates the lights closer to the forks. I believe someone mentioned Kuryakyn has a kit for that. I went to their website and do not seem to be able to find an application specifically for my bike. Anyone have specifics and/or part numbers as far as what I should look for? Or other options?

I hate to let the stealer slide on this but I don't really like the lights sticking out likemissile launcherson a James Bond vehicle anyway.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Critter174
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn front signal relocate?

i used the p clamp from them look here. https://www.hdforums.com/m_2094061/tm.htm
link to the clamps http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=2572

Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

Kuryakyn 49mm Frofk Clamps P/N KR-2287
I used 1" chrome spacers on mine so I could use the stock turn signal housings.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 AM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

A few days ago I created a post regarding my dealer's half-assed install of the HD front signal relocation kit where they left the wires hanging out instead of running them inside the bracket as designed.
Hey, I'm glad you mentioned that. I was gonna reply to that thread if I came across it again. I installed the HD kit yesterday. I know why they didn't route the cables - it's a PITA. To do it the way they did it would take all of 5 minutes. To do it right, you need to get into the wiring harness through the holes in the neck of the frame, get the connectors out, disassemble them, thread the cables through the stems, reassemble the connector and reconnect.

I did a new headlight and the turn signals in about 2hrs with breaks. Whatever they charged you for labor on the way they installed your signal kit - they owe you back. A stoned monkey could do that in 5 minutes.

On a lighter note, I know some folks think the HD kit looks bad all sticking out and such. I must say however, with the HD bullet headlight and TS relocation kit + visors on the signals, to me it looks cool! Kinda like a cross between a mini-Road King and something from the 50's. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: skip3406

Kuryakyn 49mm Frofk Clamps P/N KR-2287
I used 1" chrome spacers on mine so I could use the stock turn signal housings.
Skip, can you show a pic and/or elaborate on what you did? I want to take the stock bullet front turn signals and locate them onto the forks. So, does that mean I need the spacers as well?

Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Critter174

i used the p clamp from them look here. https://www.hdforums.com/m_2094061/tm.htm
link to the clamps http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=2572
Critter, you have an 03 right? So, your forks are smaller than my 07 right? Therefore, these aren't the exact same clamps I'd need - just checking...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I just talked to Kuryakyn and it does appear the 2287 49mm clamps are what I want. But, I'm now curious about 2 things...

First, the clamps have a bolt attached to screw the stock bullets right on to the clamp. But, how do you line the lights up? I mean, who's to say the lights won't screw on pointed straight up or down when tightened in relation to the clamp. Are there spacers included to adjust for this? The Kuryakyn guy I talked to wasn't sure.

Second, I have the HD detachable windshield but I always mount it on the forks as high is I can since I'm tall. If I put these clamps at the very bottom of the forks, will there be any issues with the windshield fitting?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Critter174
Road Captain

they do make the clamps to fit yours as well. and when you go to tighten the screws down just hold the light where you want it or a little below that way when you snug it down it will be right where you want it
when your done it wasn't that hard. and if you want to make sure it is the same on both sides you could use a 4 ft level and put on top of them to make sure they are the same on both sides. also make sure the screws they send are the correct ones the ones i got were a course thread so i went to the dealer and got some chrome ones that was a fine thread and a correct fit. if you run into anything just give a holler.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Critter, thanks. That's odd about the screws as I had the exact same problem when I installed my Kuryakyn forward controls. One of the supplied screws was the wrong thread but a trip to the hardware store corrected that. Strange that they would screw that up more than once unless it's HD that's inconsistent with the type of nuts and bolts they use.

I guess I'll see what you are talking about when I get the kit. However, I don't see anyway to make an adjustment without spacers or a locking nut by looking at the pictures. And, of course, they don't have an install document online for that part number.

I'll be in Myrtle Beach next weekend for the Fall Rally and the guy I talked to confirmed that Kuryakyn will have a truck there at Myrtle Beach HD and was even able to confirm that they will have 3 sets of these clamps on the truck. Maybe they'll even install it for me...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Critter174
Road Captain

I'll be down there so if you have any Questions just give my a call my # is on the list that simcom is getting together of everyone that is going down there from here. if you ant on it just give simcom an pm and he'll send you a link with everyones # and where they are staying at the beach.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn front signal relocate?