Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn front signal relocate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:35 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn front signal relocate?

The bolts that come with the clamps dont fit the stock turn signals. You need a 5/16 x 24 thread bolt to work. Spacers are kind of a preference thing. Ive seen them with and without spacers. I personally used the spacers.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Koppster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Much appreciation!
Rick

Old 12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Koppster

So, you did NOT need spacers but you DID need two bolts?
The 49mm clamp kit comes with 2 clamps split into 2 pieces each and each clamp has 2 small bolts/screws that hold the clamps together. Probably a good idea to loctite those little screws and maybe even dab a little anti-sieze or even silicone between them as water can get in and rust it up over time. The kit also includes 2 bolts that go through one side of each clamp and screw into the holes on the signal lights. The bolts have a panhead on them so they will fit inside the clamp without sticking up and getting in the way. However, they will NOT fit into a HD bullet light. They are the right size but have the wrong thread. You will need to try and find a close match to those bolts with a fine thread. You'll want to test fit the bolts into the clamps to make sure that once they are installed they don't stick up enough to keep the clamps from fitting flush against the forks. Due to the curviture of the signal lights, they will not fit exactly flush up against the clamps so you can use something as simple as a small washer (I used a split lock washer that came out of my HD relocation brackets) to make them fit flush. However, others have used a pair of lock nuts. One you would tighten on the bolt against the clamp and the other you would tighten against the light once you have them adjusted how you want them. When I finish posting this reply, I'll see if I can find the thread that goes into detail about how this has been done by others and where they ordered their parts and specifically what they ordered and I'll come back and post that here.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Here are 2 threads with more than enough information to get you what you need.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2303438/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2411006/tm.htm

Old 12-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Koppster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got, BIG thanks for taking the time to search all that out for me. Murphdog's links will be a help if the dealer(s) here don't have the bolts on the shelf. Looks like a very easy mod once you find the right bolts.

Now to learn how to put my bike pic in the post like you guys have!

Old 12-15-2007, 03:56 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Koppster

Got, BIG thanks for taking the time to search all that out for me. Murphdog's links will be a help if the dealer(s) here don't have the bolts on the shelf. Looks like a very easy mod once you find the right bolts.

Now to learn how to put my bike pic in the post like you guys have!
There are threads in other forums to tell you how to creat signature pix and post pix in the threads themselves.

As for the bolts, you can check the dealer but just make sure you get one that maintains the clearance of the clamp. I didn't have trouble finding fine thread bolts that size but they all had heads on them that were too big.

Good luck.