Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H vs SE II

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H vs SE II

With all the recent V&H post, I was wondering if anyone hasa hands-on opinion of the tone and volume differances between the SE II's and the V&H staggered big shots with the quiet baffles???

Old 09-26-2007, 02:12 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H vs SE II

I've had both the SEII's and currently the V&H slip ons although without the quiet baffles.

The SEII's have a nice mellow sound, not too loud nor too soft. On the highway at steady speeds you won't even know they're there. The V&H's are louderand I really like them. Don't know what they sound like with quiet baffles but I like the unbaffled sound for sure.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Rebel78
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have V&H slip ons, a bit loud, but I like it, I've heard SE on couple of rides, a bit too decent for me if u know what I mean, in other words "made to satisfy older people"!!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
ehc0720
Tourer

Try putting Big City Thunder baffles in the SEII's, I have them they sound great. AZRider - I'm in Phoenix if you want to get together to take a listen let me know.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the SEII... i ride with a group of 12 - 20 bikes almost nightly and anything to loud is just anoying to ride next to... i am going to a 2-1 after the bore kit... so it will have about the same sound with a bit more of a under rumble to it (tuned sound) My buddy had strait pipes on his soft tail and on long trips or even around town... no one wanted to ride next to him. Plus i like to listen to some tunes as i roll and with crazy loud pipes can not do that!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are better choices out there !

Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: RonnR

With all the recent V&H post, I was wondering if anyone hasa hands-on opinion of the tone and volume differances between the SE II's and the V&H staggered big shots with the quiet baffles???
I have had both of these on my 2005 SG. IMHO the tone of the SEII is significantly better. I'm talking about the "old" SEII, which HD no longer sells. The V&H BSS crackle too much for my taste, even with the quiet baffles. I ran the SEII for a couple thousand miles, switched to the BSS for 1.5K miles, then went back to the SEII just to try them. After 1 week with the SEII reinstalled - I can honestly say that I will never go back to the BSS, and I'm glad I did not sell off my SEII.
Many here love the BSS, and they do look great, but they are not for me.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Try putting Big City Thunder baffles in the SEII's, I have them they sound great. AZRider - I'm in Phoenix if you want to get together to take a listen let me know.
Indeed, I used to have thunder baffles for the SEII's. They sound very nice.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

AZ,

Are your V&H Slip-Ons unbaffled or do they have thestandard baffles?

I plan to put the V&H Slip-Ons on my bike this winter but do not want it much louder than the SE lls. I have riden with a guy with a Softtail Custom that has the V&H slips but he bought the bike used and does not know what baffles are in them. It is not too loud for me. About the same as SE lls that have std baffles in them.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
HDSmith
Advanced

Iran the SE 50 state legal that the dealer sells. Could not hear the bike above about 45 mpg or so. Way too quiet, could not hear my own bike in traffic at any speed. Switched to V&H straight shot slipons - that woke things up. With 'standard' baffles it was louder than other bikes running SEII. I switched to the quiet baffles and I love it. I can hear my bike in any traffic condition, highway speeds. The bike runs great withV&Hand sounds like a Harley. That 50 state legalsh*t should be illegal.

Quick Reply: V&H vs SE II