Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H vs SE II

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V&H vs SE II

ORIGINAL: glide05

ORIGINAL: RonnR

With all the recent V&H post, I was wondering if anyone hasa hands-on opinion of the tone and volume differances between the SE II's and the V&H staggered big shots with the quiet baffles???
I have had both of these on my 2005 SG. IMHO the tone of the SEII is significantly better. I'm talking about the "old" SEII, which HD no longer sells. The V&H BSS crackle too much for my taste, even with the quiet baffles. I ran the SEII for a couple thousand miles, switched to the BSS for 1.5K miles, then went back to the SEII just to try them. After 1 week with the SEII reinstalled - I can honestly say that I will never go back to the BSS, and I'm glad I did not sell off my SEII.
Many here love the BSS, and they do look great, but they are not for me.
True SE IIs have a terrific, quality sound. I think the word "cackle" best describes the V&H pipe sound. I experimented w/ Big City Monster baffles in mine but pawned them off on flea Bay and have returned to my sences.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: boogiewithtuck

ORIGINAL: glide05

ORIGINAL: RonnR

With all the recent V&H post, I was wondering if anyone hasa hands-on opinion of the tone and volume differances between the SE II's and the V&H staggered big shots with the quiet baffles???
I have had both of these on my 2005 SG. IMHO the tone of the SEII is significantly better. I'm talking about the "old" SEII, which HD no longer sells. The V&H BSS crackle too much for my taste, even with the quiet baffles. I ran the SEII for a couple thousand miles, switched to the BSS for 1.5K miles, then went back to the SEII just to try them. After 1 week with the SEII reinstalled - I can honestly say that I will never go back to the BSS, and I'm glad I did not sell off my SEII.
Many here love the BSS, and they do look great, but they are not for me.
True SE IIs have a terrific, quality sound. I think the word "cackle" best describes the V&H pipe sound. I experimented w/ Big City Monster baffles in mine but pawned them off on flea Bay and have returned to my sences.
Thamks For you input.. I agreewith you about thesound of the old SE II,, but I sure like the looks of the Big Shots. Never heard the 'quiet baffles' But I really dont want to get to much louder (if any) than my SE II.... I quess I was hoping someone would say that they were about the same....I dont care for the edgy sound of the BSS with the normal Baffles, and the only ones I've heard with no baffles were to aggresive for me...

But boy do they look good..........................................

Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
wild wally
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, I have had both exact setups on my FXDCI. The VH Big Shots Staggered with the quiet baffles sound very similar in tone and volume to the old SE II's.I actually took the quiet baffles out of myBig Shots Staggered and put the regular baffles backinbecause I wanted it louder and more crack. Its loud, but not too loud. It's a great tone, and I get a lot of compliments on the sound of my bike.

But if you want the volume and tone of the original SEII's, the quiet baffles are the way to go. You can't go wrong either way. I think the VH BSS look and sound great.

Wally