Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic of tamarack slammed rear end!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007 | 09:24 PM
devils haircut
|
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pic of tamarack slammed rear end!

Just slammed my dyna 1.75". Hope the pic works.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36134/23A9730ADFB74BA2A8A70A73577BE3C4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36134/A8D0EBB504A44BA6A9E31FEEA7F81118.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-25-2007 | 10:10 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pic of tamarack slammed rear end!

Looks great - did you drop the front end as well? How did it affect the ride quality?

Old 09-25-2007 | 11:07 PM
Rowdy25
Intermediate

I have an 02 super glyde sport. Looking to slam the rear. What did you use and how much. First B4 the lowering kit I have to get lowrider shox. I want the lowest kit available. Just got apes and the look of high apes and a slammed rear is right up my alley.

Old 09-26-2007 | 07:27 AM
devils haircut
|
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't lower the front. It turns a little slower than before, but nothing major. Ride quality is hard to judge because I had the preloads tightened as far as they would go. I gues it's not fair to compare the before and after since the before shocks were set to "sponge". I prefer the stiffness of the ride now. I haven't gone two up yet, so I hope that doesn't turn into a fiasco.

The mid controls (that I was ok with) have become brutally unbearable now that the bike is lowered. I'm 5'11", and I don't know how anyone with a low rider can take the mids. I don't want to be all streched out though, so I gotta find some forward controls that don't shoot forward to far.

Rowdy25... Don't spend the money on HD low shocks and a lowering block kit. Just get the progressive 412 11" shocks. That's what I would have done, but the blocks alone was cheaper. Not so if you buy HD shocks as well. With the apes and slammed rear, you might want to get a tank lift as well to better suit the lines you are creating on your bike. Jackyl's kit is great and pretty cheap.

Old 09-26-2007 | 09:18 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

it will work just fine! looks good! I had them on my bike till i went wth air shocks, never had a problem, only the belt guard but you have that off.... i did notice a slight difference in the ride (a bit stiffer) but BARELY and that was only with 2 up.... looks good!

Old 09-26-2007 | 10:24 AM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: devils haircut

The mid controls (that I was ok with) have become brutally unbearable now that the bike is lowered. I'm 5'11", and I don't know how anyone with a low rider can take the mids. I don't want to be all streched out though, so I gotta find some forward controls that don't shoot forward to far.

I don't get it. Why are the mids worse now that the bike is lowered? Are you talking about cornering clearance?

Old 09-26-2007 | 11:13 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it will work just fine! looks good! I had them on my bike till i went wth air shocks,
Are you saying these won't work with the air shocks? I've got the full size air shocks on mine and they sit just a bit too high for my tastes. I was thinking of maybe trying one of these kits at some time in the future.

Old 09-26-2007 | 11:53 AM
ltlo7
Intermediate

I recently purchased the 1” Tamarack brackets and they worked fine with my 440s 12” shocks. I have a FXDC 07 so the 440 progressive shocks originally dropped the bike around ½ inch and then adding the brackets dropped the bike an additional inch, that’s about 1 ½ inch total drop. I also have the SE 180 tire and with 2up had no rubbing or bottoming out. My problem is that I have detachable HD bags and they rub badly against the shocks now. The brackets work well without the bags…. but as soon as I add the bags it looks like my bags grew wings….cuz they move up and down against the shocks when riding the bike. I loved the dropped look of the bike but I didn’t want to get rid of my bags so I had to take the brackets off and don’t know what to do to make them work with my bags? A few months ago I tried the 11” progressives (without the brackets) but the ride was too stiff. Maybe I just need to leave the bike as is with the 12”440s

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:28 PM
Night_Train01
Tourer

Your bike looks great!

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:36 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks real good, so you did get the Progressives? I'm confused.

Quick Reply: pic of tamarack slammed rear end!