Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catalytic Converter or not???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Longshank888
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Converter or not???

I just read on another forum that the 08 Fat Bob has a catalytic converter. Is this true? Anybody??

Old 09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Catalytic Converter or not???

Epa had em to put catlyst converters in the mufflers on the 07 bikes. They want to hold the gasses in to reburn them. I took my money and had my dealer to git me a D&D fat cat 2in1 pipe with a quiet baffle. I started with the Sert but soon took it off and had a Thundermax with Auto tune put on.

You might want to make a note, the pipe you put on yer bike is the single most important thing that you can do to yer bike on what kind of pipe you choose.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Longshank888
Advanced

So you're saying all Harley"s 07 and up have the converters?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Yep ! Its gonna git worst too.
They are in the stages now from what I hear that later on you will not be able to take the factory pipes off.
Look when you go to git yer auto inspected. they look for the resnator on yer pipes. Hear they will do this in a few years on certain year bikes. Hope it don't happen. Probaly will be in places like Colorado oh !
Glad I have a 07, Hear the 08's come out with braided cables, I ain't sure about the DBW yet. too much electronic for me.
But real fast I had the H-D dealer that installs a lot of D&D pipes to put a set of Fat Cat pipes on my bike, man what a difference in the 2in1. Great bottom end, mid range and top end.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:21 PM
jelk
Advanced

Yes, Page 28 of my 2008 FXDF owners manual reads " All FXDF models are equipped with catalytic converters" I guess that's why the exhaust has a power chamber, it's really a catalytic converter

Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did ya take the Sert Off ?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

REalize I ride a dyna.
Pulled the fuse cover. Pulled the big 40 amp fuse. disconnected the negative on the battery.
took the seat off.
took the torx off the top and the allen head on the center of the fuse panel. Take some brake cleaner spray with the plactic nossle and spray it on the threads to break the lock tight loose, You might have to spary it a few times. Look at the allen head screws holding it to the plastic frame. They are in inserts that are into the plastic, Be careful not to break these inserts. You may have to wiggle the screws back and forth till they will turn. Its tight but you can do it. What are you puttin in place of it.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

You will notise that if you are installing a TM there is material you have to cut out. I used a 18volt skill say to cut horizontal and a 18volt sawsall to cut down. Be careful when you do this so you do not git into any wires.
There is a section that the cables are next to a circle in the plastic that has to be cut. I used the skill say to square the 1/2 circle out too. YOu want the unit to go in and the wiring plug will fit into it.
Make sure you initalize the unit before cranking the bike.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also ride a couple of Dynas
I'm just not sure what you removed... The Sert's I use there Is nothing to Hard Install.. Unless you left the cable hooked up.. My sert is laying here on my tool box..When I need to make adjustments I plug it in and make the adjstments with the lap top and unplug it lay it back on my tool box... Did youflash your ECM back to stock before you installed the TM or is it tunning the adjustment that were made to the ECM by the Sert ?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

The sert is just a CD and a cord. To fully git its potential you need to dyno the sert. To install the TM you have to remove the factory ECM and oxygen sensors.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter or not???