Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front fork tools and tool bag

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
pennetta
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front fork tools and tool bag

Went to Vermont last weekend and one guys bike wouldn't start. One guy had tools in his dresser so we were able to fix it. I went to HD and they don't list a fork bag for the Dyna's. Anyone have one that fits the HD tool kit?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Front fork tools and tool bag

I don't know who you s/w at Harley, but follow this link, the website lists 3 different fork bags for the Dynas. http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US

If you can't find what you like there, literally dozens of other websites have fork/tool bags for sale. E-bay has a whole lot ot listings also.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a fork bag on my WG for a long while. At first I only put things like sunglasses and cell phones in it. Then, I put a ratchet in there (don't ask why, that's another story.) Anyway, every now and then I'd hear a clunk when going over a bump. Never put 2 and 2 together til the mechanic spotted a tiny ding in the top of my front fender. The bottom of the bag with the ratchet was hitting the top of the fender. So, be careful if you put heavy tools in your fork bag.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

When I posted pics of my new bike a week or so ago I got flamed for having a fork bag (which it came with, by the way). Until I get saddlebags I gotta keep my stuff somewhere! Are fork bags gay? What's the deal?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Bassman
Road Master

I had one mounted to my forks and notice one day when washing the bike, the bag really scuffed up the aluminum on the forks. Now it is mounted to the bottom portion of the frame

Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: stevieg

When I posted pics of my new bike a week or so ago I got flamed for having a fork bag (which it came with, by the way). Until I get saddlebags I gotta keep my stuff somewhere! Are fork bags gay? What's the deal?
I don't know how 'gay' it is, but to avoid hassles with rubbing etc, I attached my 'fork bag' to the rear of my Motherwell rack above the tail light for the time being until I can figure something better out. Might be able to see it in sig pic but more pics in my gallery.

Chip

Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts

I believe a tool bag has no business on the front forks.....dinged fenders, scratched fenders, scuffed chrome, and it might hender air flow to the engine. When I still had my FXDS-Convertible.....I used these two tool bags. They were out of the way......

Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 AM
ctsbob
Tourer

not sure about "gay" ...more of a lifestyle choice! no seriously, it is a style that offers some storage ( albeit minimal)..We are not dressers or tourers. If all you need is what you wear..then fine, but sometimes a little extra space is needed.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Evo,

What did you attach the bag with tothe frame on the front? Any clearance issues?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM
ctsbob
Tourer

forgot to add that i use the harley fork bag 91782-95. This has soft liner that holds sunglasses , clear riding glasses for night use, bandana,,small multitool, small AA maglight, lighter, knife ( ya never know?) replacement headlight bulb (silverstar), $5 dollars for gas and i am glad not to have all these in my jacket pocket!

Quick Reply: Front fork tools and tool bag