Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips and Tricks-Secrets of the Harley-What have you found?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 12:49 AM
bolverk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tips and Tricks-Secrets of the Harley-What have you found?

I just learned that the stock headlamp on an 06 Street Bob....you shouldn't try to drill a hole in it....I needed to add some extra wire for a headlight modulator...and the entire black finish on the light flaked off or was soon blown off when I rode the bike to test the modulator...I used 5 different drill bits to correctly size the hole and had tape covering the painted surface where I was drilling...why did the paint flake off all around the hole and now most of the finish is gone?

I wanted to replace the headlamp anyway...but not quite so soon

Old 10-26-2007 | 01:53 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Bolverk... I can powder coat that for prob around 15 bucks... just an idea

Old 10-26-2007 | 04:20 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Tips and Tricks-Secrets of the Harley" is the title of the new book I am writing, so I can't divulge any of that info in this post.
But if you can wait until March 2014, you can buy a fresh copy for $99.99 at your local Harley shop's bookstore.
You will be able to get the micro-disc version for a mere $29.99, and download a sample of same for free (that will include the title, and how to start your new Harley).
Most all the tips have been covered about 25 times in the forum, and so most the secrets are already out. Oddly enough, several of the secrets were shown to me by the HD sales guy, before he let me start my new bike in 2005......... Nothing much has changed.
Most of the information is in the little owners manual (includes pictures), so my biggest tip is to read the owners manual to get the secrets (or just stare at the pictures).

It is no secret that I can be a real azzhole, when I wannabe[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_rtfm.gif][sm=signs003.gif][sm=ts.gif][sm=why.gif]

DougJ

Old 10-26-2007 | 07:08 AM
GrampsWyatt
Cruiser

That throttle lock under the grip is not a poor man's cruise control and it's not recommended to be used that way. It is a hold over to lock throttle for warm up when first start for the day on older carbed bikes I believe.

Old 10-26-2007 | 07:25 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've learned that no matter how much time, money, and parts you throw at your bike, it is never satisfied - darn, but my bobstah has a huge appetite! Just glad it doesn't grow any fatter! Don't really want a Fatter Bob - LOL!

Chip

Old 10-26-2007 | 09:35 AM
fendrix
Cruiser

I've learned that getting laid is really easy after you give a chick a ride on a Harley.....

Old 10-26-2007 | 09:40 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: GrampsWyatt

That throttle lock under the grip is not a poor man's cruise control and it's not recommended to be used that way. It is a hold over to lock throttle for warm up when first start for the day on older carbed bikes I believe.
In the owners manual it states that is used to relieve fatigue on long trips.

Old 10-26-2007 | 10:10 AM
Graduate
Cruiser

I've learned that HD stands for "hundred dollars".

Old 10-26-2007 | 10:38 AM
dynadiver
Cruiser

I have learned that the best looking seat for your bike is the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE sonuvabitch they make for it!!!

I have also learned that since buying that seat, it is almost impossible for me to get laid after taking my wife on a ride!

The initials should be, instead of HD, TD for "thousand dollars"!

I have learned that most of the guys at the Harley shop HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about and that the techs and service writers will tell a fib now and then to get your money.

This one only applies if you are married to an independent woman. I have learned also that after owning an HD for a few months you will have to spend another 6-8000 dollars because your wife wants HER OWN BIKE!!!

Old 10-26-2007 | 01:33 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fendrix

I've learned that getting laid is really easy after you give a chick a ride on a Harley.....
By the chick who just rode? or..It's been so long, I can't remeber..

Quick Reply: Tips and Tricks-Secrets of the Harley-What have you found?