Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POSITIVE dealer experience - 1k service

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default POSITIVE dealer experience - 1k service

Ever since I walked into my dealer to buy my new bob last winter I've had nothing but positive experiences from very friendly and knowledgeable employees and even the owner, but hadn't had much experience with their service dept. Well, today I finally got my 1000 mile service done (long story why it took so long, mainly due to a long illness the first half of summer). Well, I got my bike back after 2.5 hours and boy does it run sweet. No noticeable issues after examining it. Even got to watch most of the time except for some cig breaks. Tech took it for a long ride then rechecked fluid levels and ran through with me all that he had done and the adjustments that were needed, incl. recharging the K&N filter, plus gave me some good maintenance tips. They used syn3 and even washed the bike!

It cost $225 total - BUT wait -> Now, the best part (cheap b*st*rd that I am), I got 50% off the first service, so final cost was only $112.50 due to having bought the bike from them. I realize that I could've done it myself and saved even more and I had read about dealer horror stories from some forum members, but figured I'd give them a shot on the first one. Moral of the story - it pays to pick a good dealer BEFORE you buy!

Chip

Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: POSITIVE dealer experience - 1k service

It's nice to hear some good experiences...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

chip -
how far up in the woods of NH are you?
i'm on the other side of your south border - but wouldn't hesitate taking a 1 hour ride for some good service.

thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: glide05

chip -
how far up in the woods of NH are you?
i'm on the other side of your south border - but wouldn't hesitate taking a 1 hour ride for some good service.

thanks
Glide05 -

Not far up at all but west - dealer is Monadnock Harley on rt 12 in Swanzey just south of Keene. Best tech who lives and breathes harleys is Jason - try to schedule service with him for anything other than routine simple stuff. Oh, and did I mention their labor rate is only $60/hr? Unheard of these days!

Chip

Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 AM
flynavy
Road Master

What up C? Hey, I am glad you posted because I had forgotten to tell ya that on my last trip out to Dillant-Hopkins, I stopped at Monadnock HD. Real nice bunch of folks. I bought a long-sleeve shirt, and a spanner wrench for my shocks. The female cashier up front called me sweetie....not like they all don't do that anyway, but there was a sincerety there!

I am going to have all my fluids changed out next month before putting her up for the winter. I made an appoitment at Nashua, but I may re-think that now. Especially if I can wait for it at Monadnock, because it is kind of a haul for me to have to leave it.

Thanks for the head's up....it'll hopefully save me some $$$. Which I could really use since I just got done putting on forwards, pegs, grips, smoked lenses, etc. Pic attached so you can marvel at my Bob....just kidding. Your's looks real tight. Ride safe!

[IMG]local://upfiles/39074/D510992FBEC14520B6BA9C9EA8293F4E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Hey Fly - glad ya had a good time at MHD - stop in a couple of more times and you'll be on a first name basis with all of them. And remember to ask for Jason for your service when you make an appt. They seem to schedule real well, price quotes for service right on the money, and they took my bike in exactly at the appt time and it was ready exactly when they said it would be even though it seemed a bit busy at the time being a Friday afternoon and they had just trailered in two out of state disabled bikes in an emergency.

Funny, I'm heading to Nashua Monday to drop my bike off for a dyno tune and likely picking it up Tues evening or Wed - not the most convenient situation trying to get rides, but it'll be a while before MHD gets into their new digs and gets their own dyno. And I hear the head engine/dyno guy at Nashua HD is top notch.

Thanks for the kind words on my bobstah - I am LOVING it! And your bike looks great, too - coming along real nice!

Chip

Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 PM
stanleyc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chip, how long do you think it would take me to get to your dealer from Toronto for my 1000 mile service ?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

hey chip what kind of tips did they give you ? im doing my 1k service myself tomarrow and i could use all the tips i can get. also can you notice the difference yet from regular oil to syn. i am about 4000 miles over my 1k oil change and i can notice the difference in gas milage,power and extra heat from not changing my oil when i was supposed to!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

stanleyc - likely quite a few hours from Toronto, but boy it would be a great ride! if you need a place to stay over, give me a holler - LOL!

07bobber - 4k over on your oil change? ya gotta be kiddin', right? Actually only drove the bike about 50 miles since Friday evening as I spent all day yesterday at a jalopy jamboree with my hot rod buddies. But am told the tranny temp in particular is supposed to be better with the syn. Tips, well, pretty basic stuff I suspect for you do it yourselfers, and all in the service manual which I've only glanced thru except for some specific stuff I needed to know at the time: need to check tire pressure frequently with the spoke wheels/tubes, checking fluid levels and not overfilling, spoke tightening, couple of obvious bolts to check that may tend to loosen up, that kinda stuff. Wasn't so much what he told me that was my point, but rather that he spent the time to go through it with me.

Chip