Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the HD Brawler solo seat today...PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
ClarkFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got the HD Brawler solo seat today!

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

I don't think you need to leave those bumpers there do you? When you switch back to the 2-up seat it won't damage the fender if you don't have them there will it? I was just going to take them off & throw 'em away...can't imagine anyone keeps those?
If you look at the bottom of the seat, you can see where they contact it. I won't take a chance on scratching the fender.
They can't cost much.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Dan B,
I'm going to post your pic without having to follow links...hope you don't mind?Seat looks FREEKIN' AWESOME!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

If you look at the bottom of the seat, you can see where they contact it. I won't take a chance on scratching the fender.
They can't cost much.
Yup,will probabaly scratch the paint without them, try to re-glue them to the bottom of the 2-up seat, if they have a problem sticking Harley sells a kit with new ones for a couple bucks.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FXDC Rider - interested in how your going to manage the 2 screw holes as you switch back and forth. I know they come witha plastic plug but I don't want to have to deal with that all the time.

I picked up one of the HD thumb screws yesterday to replace the phillips head screw that holds the seat down in the back. That'll make it easier to swap both of my 2 up seats. Can't think of a clean way to cover that hole with a 1 up seat though.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
ClarkFXDC
Tourer

Yes, not worth trying to save, get the new ones and clean the
area with alcohol first. They should stick good.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Dan B What kind of bars do you have they look good. Sorry I don't mean to steal thread
...They look like HD Street Slammers with a 6" rise?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

FXDC Rider - interested in how your going to manage the 2 screw holes as you switch back and forth. I know they come witha plastic plug but I don't want to have to deal with that all the time.
Yah, that really sucks huh? Guess you just have to keep re-pluggin' the outermost one everytime you switch back to the solo...what else we're gonna do?[:@]

Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Brawler and the Sidekick Custom. The bike came with the solo and I bought the Sidekick just in case. The Sidekick has a carpet like base to protect the fender and it should do a good job as long as you keep the fender clean. Here are pics with both seats and as you can tell, the interior lighting does not do the paint/color any justice.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

Yah, that really sucks huh? Guess you just have to keep re-pluggin' the outermost one everytime you switch back to the solo...what else we're gonna do?[:@]
Plug it with what though? Is the receiver end of the screw already there when you remove those plastic caps? In other words, will the plastic caps cover the existing 2 up hole on our bikes? If so, I'm good with that.

Looking forward to the pix with the new saddle.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Not sure? I would think that under each of those plastic hole-covering caps is a receiving end for a screw since that's what their all intended for? So I wouldn't see why you couldn't use the plug from the 1-up seat to plug up the 2-up hole when ridin' with the solo? Got all that???

Quick Reply: Got the HD Brawler solo seat today...PICS!