Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which fuel manager go get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 AM
snooper0069
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which fuel manager go get?

Iv been reading and reading about all the fuel managers out there. The PC111 requires maps which can be a bit tricky if not set just right. The one's by TFI, Cobra and Vance & Hines state no map or laptop is needed and adjustments or simple. Im running Cycle Shack slip-on's with the stock air cleaner.Im getting a lot of surge and popping on decel This is as far as I want to go so maybe a simple download from the dealer may be all I need instead of the fuel manager.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which fuel manager go get?

You shouldnt be getting that much popping on Decell with just the slip on's.. Check the clamps and make sure there torqued to 65Ft Lbs and hope you replaced them when you installed the Slip On's they"ll leak.. Other wise the 07 Street Legal Download will help and is good for the ScreamingEagle Slip On's and Stage 1 A/C... So with just the C/S slip on'sit should be better.. But beware if you take it into get the download with the Cycle Shack Slip On's, if they make note on therepair order about the Cycle shack slip on's instead of the S.E. slip on's.. There makeing notes for the future...

Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM
madden23
Road Master

If your bike is brand new the surge will lessen as the bike gets more miles on it, reinstall slip-ons with permatex ultra copper if you didn't do the first time, ride it, and then re torque clamps, you don't really "need" to do any fuel management with stock a/c, if you change a/c stage 1 download will be adequate. This is a great forum with lots of good info, but remember people tend to post problems or concerns more than the positive. Noones going to get a three page response to a post that states "My bike runs great and I positively love it!" Well mine does, and I do love it lol. Peace

Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So Trotter, even minimal leakage can cause some popping? New clamps, correct torque and gasket sealer is a must when changing slip ons? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

So Trotter, even minimal leakage can cause some popping? New clamps, correct torque and gasket sealer is a must when changing slip ons? Thanks in advance.
I didn't use a sealer or new clamps no issues here.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 PM
snooper0069
Cruiser

[:@] I didnt use a sealer or change the clams. But since the first day I bought this bike with the stock pipes I had popping on decel.
I guess sealing them wouldnt hurt.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

If it was popping with stock pipes you should have turned around and rode right into the service department.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM
shoptroll
Banned

I love my DFO.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Trotter
Banned

I dont use any sealer but I do use new clamps. The clamps are designed to make one even pull in 360 deg. The bike shouldnt have been popping from the get go, but they do pop some. When you installed the slip on's you can just hear itbetter now.. I'd take it to the dealer and let them look at it. The surge is also lean surge, Check your heat sheilds up by the Cyl, I've seen them turn Yellow and the head pipe turn blue all the way to the muffler.. The down load will help all this.Mine dropped to 210 220 from 250 270 with still less than 500 miles on it in traffic at 90 plus deg.. I also changed the oil at 500 miles because of the heat issue after a couple times to 260-270 that oil was toast to me, and switched to Mobil 1 V-Twin and RedLine Shockproofin the Tranny at 1000 mile Service.. Do the Download and Stage 1 A/C it will help and have them Check fora Intake Leak as well...

Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

I like my Dobeck TFI (they make the DFO, same same). If you get the stage1 download the TFI will be of no use.
I recommend no download, and get the TFI. It is an enrichener and is fully adjustable........... No mapping is necessary.
It has 3 buttons on it, Mode, + & -. You can adjust the how rich/lean you want your engine to run, that simple. Your ECM does the rest.
The TFI is not really necessary unless you put put a full flow air cleaner on your bike. If you go to the stage1 download there is no-turning-back.

Hope this helps.

DougJ

Quick Reply: which fuel manager go get?