Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
lone rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!

YOU MUPPET! You know nothing you ignorant PR1CK.
ORIGINAL: petefwa

Forward controls are for posers. Mid mount controls are far more comfortable and allow far greater bike control than forwards ever will. As for getting your jeans caughtand calling it a safety issue you are a ******** who really should'nt be on a bike anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:28 AM
dan69co
Tourer

I'm a poser. Ride the way you want. Forwards are comfortable for me. I really dont care how anyone else rides.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Forward controls are for posers. Mid mount controls are far more comfortable and allow far greater bike control than forwards ever will. As for getting your jeans caughtand calling it a safety issue you are a ******** who really should'nt be on a bike anyway.
What's wrong little fella? Did Harley Finance reject your application to buy a Wide Glide and now you have a personal vendetta?

And your bike........ Has pedals on it?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some Funny $hit right there
Oh and What Color is yer Honda [sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
up in minot
Road Captain

Petefwa - Not sure what your deal is, but please stop compensating forthe lack of gerth and length your ***** has, in replying to my posts. What a rude SOB!

Everyone else, thanks for replying. I now know I'm not the only one with the issue. When I'm riding to work, I don't have this issue. Guess it's because my BDU's get bloused above my combat boots on my way to base.

I don't have my Honda anymore. It was blue and white. I brought it up to Bike Week in Laconia, NH back in like 2000. I thought I was going to get laughed at, but everyone, including guys wearing their colors would come up and tell me how much they liked it. I should have never gotten rid of that bike!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had the same issue. very akward situation. not to mention that if you are 6' or over, you are riding with your knees in your chest! I can't possibly see how this makes the ride better, or gives you more control. And for the guy that said you are a poser if you have forward controls, how far have you actually rode your bike? Trust me, if you took your bike out for a 5000 mile trip, you would be looking for some forward controls as soon as possible.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
lost6009
Cruiser

I've been riding with my mids for about 2 years with no problems. I wear pretty baggy pants too. I think I'm conscious of it because of this and just put my leg out farthur. I can see how it can be an issue though if your not used to 'em

Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
walc
Cruiser

Add me to the list of those who have gotten their pant leg caught on the mid-mount peg.[]
Hasn't happened lately. So, I must have gotten used to the position.
In any event, I like mid-mount controls. I feel that I have better, or more natural, control with them.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I prefer mids also. They're all I've ever had and I like them. This '07 Bob almost put me on the ground though when my pantleg hooked the peg. (I still had the OEM rubber pegs on at that time, which I think contributes to the problem.) It shocked me and I was fortunate to get my leg kicked out off the peg before I was laying on the pavement. I use my highway pegs if I want to kick back. I now ride with jeans almost exclusively (not relaxed fit) and haven't had the problem since.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
b5mac
Tourer

I called my mids the "Ankle Knockers"! I kept hitting my ankle on them when I would try to move the bike around while sitting on it. I put some forward controls on and got rid of the mids. Then I realized that it would be nice to be able to change positions and that's harder when you just have forwards. So I got the right side from Trotter and bought the left side mid bracket and put on some short, wide pegs that I can keep folded up except when I need them. On long rides they will come in useful.

Quick Reply: Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!